Update: 5*CB Shaun Wade

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the kid from Jacksonville that is an Ohio State commit. Since Torrian Gray has come on board we have been in a better position with him. His parents had never been to UF or met the coaching staff. They finally did at the last game and it looks like they will be increasing that with a lot more unofficial visits to Florida.

We've been really trying to get his parents on campus for the last six months. He is an elite corner and would be plug-and-play from day one.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature...g-a-relationship-with-florida-gators-coaches/

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like we have a really good shot at him. The quote on the facilities was interesting:

“They showed us the practice field, they were showing us the gymnasium and they were showing us the plans for a new football facility. They were saying everything would be in one location and it will kind of be like the one at Alabama. It’s smart.”

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Glad to hear the positive vibe from the parents. Getting this kid would be freakin awesome!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This would be a huge get. Losing Quincy and Tabor makes getting a player like Wade key. I hope the chance to play at DBU and continue the tradition of shut down corners is in his mind.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since it sounds like a parental visit is one of his requirements.??
Committed to Ohio State, I assume his parents have visited that campus ??
How have they not yet visited Gainesville ?? Hope we get him, to keep up our
future DBU status. Grow Gators !

Our recruiting staff needs to have available videos of blizzard conditions -- you know,
people out pushing slippy-slidey stuck cars, maybe one showing some cars sliding & crashing
demolition derby style. (this could be used against Harbaugh along with his bugger eating
video.) Hey, could there be videos of OSU, Meatchicken playing in snowfall ?

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With what we have coming back and what we have coming in, he will start from day 1. I hope he is a Gator and I hope he is an EE.

Wade signing with UF will allow us to move Chauncy to safety next year. He and the two freshman will have to answer the bell because Harris and Washington are terrible.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How have they not yet visited Gainesville ??

The article stated they visited when muschamp was here...This was their first visit since Coach Mac and company arrived.

From the article:
.....Wade and his parents have visited Gainesville in the past under Will Muschamp but they all see a change under McElwain in Gainesville.
“Things are changing at Florida from Coach McElwain to the facilities, they told us we had an opportunity to be a part of something big,”.......

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is a very good possibility that we could start two freshman CBs next season.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Our recruiting staff needs to have available videos of blizzard conditions -- you know,
people out pushing slippy-slidey stuck cars, maybe one showing some cars sliding & crashing
demolition derby style. (this could be used against Harbaugh along with his bugger eating
video.) Hey, could there be videos of OSU, Meatchicken playing in snowfall ?[/QUOTE]

How about mentioning the lack of ambien use by the HC

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
How have they not yet visited Gainesville ?? Hope we get him, to keep up our
future DBU status. Grow Gators !

video.) Hey, could there be videos of OSU, Meatchicken playing in snowfall ?

If you have a video of Harbaugh buggering, please get it up on youtube for recruits to see.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is good to hear.

After watching the 2's in the first game, it's obvious we have some concerns (in the future) w/ our secondary. I think Gardner will be a good one, but I'm not confident the others are top-SEC talent. Hopefully Gray's coaching can make a difference, but I'd love to see us land the kid from right up the road.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wade, Wilson (Marco), Gardner, Blades and Taylor would be a nice young collection of DBs

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is good to hear.

After watching the 2's in the first game, it's obvious we have some concerns (in the future) w/ our secondary. I think Gardner will be a good one, but I'm not confident the others are top-SEC talent. Hopefully Gray's coaching can make a difference, but I'd love to see us land the kid from right up the road.

Think if we get some good 4/5 talent at corner, the others could be moved to Safety for a better, fit speed wise

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WDWHA

Never too early to get that out there. Is it?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be particularly gratifying to steal a 5 star kid like Wade out of Urban's clutches. Hope he sees himself continuing the tradition and following in the footsteps of Haden, Hargreaves, and Tabor as a future 1st rounder. We need to flip him and reload our secondary for next year.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Everytime I read about recruits talking about facilities and how it's gotten better here...

I always think back to when some of the posters here and other places would yell "WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN FACILITY UPGRADES, WERE FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!".....

Still behind but at least we are catching up

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance he can put on a few pounds and move to NT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator