UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
When he played he threw it a lot more than "3 times a game" :lol:

Got a friend who played and is a big ND fan. He thinks Zaire is really good and I trust his judgement (he was a center in HS and is knowledgeable)

OK now this I might believe, but until you see actual game tape your stats are mostly meaningless in college. Trusting is fine for you but I bet nobody else on this board would trust.

I have not been following but is he a Grad transfer? If so we can't do that, and if not a year must go by.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of people talkin', few of them know...
These are not fertile grounds for a good QB to grow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If anybody can post better stats from LDR, Appleby, Treon, Driskel or Brantley I'll walk back my point. If not, :bananawave:
You have a gift for loving QBs who are Trash. 59% completion and 800 yards? LOL.

I've stopping at one (Brantley) because I don't GAF but I'm sure even Dip****skel matches the stats of that ND's slot receiver.

Passing
Year
School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Florida SEC SO QB 9 18 28 64.3 235 8.4 8.9 3 1 163.0
*2009 Florida SEC JR QB 7 36 48 75.0 410 8.5 11.5 7 0 194.9
*2010 Florida SEC JR QB 13 200 329 60.8 2061 6.3 5.4 9 10 116.4
*2011 Florida SEC SR QB 11 144 240 60.0 2044 8.5 8.1 11 7 140.8
Career Florida 398 645 61.7 4750 7.4 7.0 30 18 133.3

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You have a gift for loving QBs who are Trash. 59% completion and 800 yards? LOL.

I've stopping at one (Brantley) because I don't GAF but I'm sure even Dip****skel matches the stats of that ND's slot receiver.

Passing
Year
School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Florida SEC SO QB 9 18 28 64.3 235 8.4 8.9 3 1 163.0
*2009 Florida SEC JR QB 7 36 48 75.0 410 8.5 11.5 7 0 194.9
*2010 Florida SEC JR QB 13 200 329 60.8 2061 6.3 5.4 9 10 116.4
*2011 Florida SEC SR QB 11 144 240 60.0 2044 8.5 8.1 11 7 140.8
Career Florida 398 645 61.7 4750 7.4 7.0 30 18 133.3

First off, I don't think Zaire is great by any stretch and don't "love him" as a QB.

Second off, you are the one who thought Del Rio was better than Grier :lol:

Third and final, 18 picks in 2 years of actual PT is hot garbage. Get out my face with those stats.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Your sarcasm doesn't really help your arguments FYI.

Let me ask you, because Russell Wilson can run, does that mean he can't pass from the pocket? It's an added dimension/weapon.

His stats trump anything LDR or Appleby have put out there. I'm sorry that you can't see that (or are in denial, one of the two). His stats aren't amazing by any means, but I'll take those over what we've been getting. It's really not that hard ;)

There wasn't any sarcasm in my post you just replied to. I merely pointed out what you said and when you said it. Your only defense when called out is to deflect this back to me with your sarcasm comment.

You're right about one thing...it's really not that hard. Unfortunately you can't seem to get it. I'll try to help you understand one more time.

1st, Malik Zaire is no Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson was a career starter at NC State and a well established, very good QB before he transferred. Zaire is a career backup with the stats of a career backup. That you'd even try to draw a comparison using Russell Wilson shows how little you know.

Secondly, Zaire has so little in the way of stats b/c he's a backup. He's not worth the time and effort to pursue and deal with all the negatives that come with bringing him in when we won't have him for very long. Its a stupid, short-sighted move. Mac won't ever build a successful program by bringing in grad transfer/transfer QBs that have little eligibility left on an annual basis It was understandable with Del Rio and Appleby due to the situation Muschamp left but at this point it's time to look to the existing roster and the incoming recruits to find the next guy. Hopefully that's simple enough for you to understand and "keep up" with.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There wasn't any sarcasm in my post you just replied to. I merely pointed out what you said and when you said it. Your only defense when called out is to deflect this back to me with your sarcasm comment.

You're right about one thing...it's really not that hard. Unfortunately you can't seem to get it. I'll try to help you understand one more time.

1st, Malik Zaire is no Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson was a career starter at NC State and a well established, very good QB before he transferred. Zaire is a career backup with the stats of a career backup. That you'd even try to draw a comparison using Russell Wilson shows how little you know.

Secondly, Zaire has so little in the way of stats b/c he's a backup. He's not worth the time and effort to pursue and deal with all the negatives that come with bringing him in when we won't have him for very long. Its a stupid, short-sighted move. Mac won't ever build a successful program by bringing in grad transfer/transfer QBs that have little eligibility left on an annual basis It was understandable with Del Rio and Appleby due to the situation Muschamp left but at this point it's time to look to the existing roster and the incoming recruits to find the next guy. Hopefully that's simple enough for you to understand and "keep up" with.

Your posts ooze with sarcasm, especially the moronic Tom Brady comment.

And I replied with stats and evidence that he's better than anything we have. And although I compared him to Wilson, I did not say he is nearly as good, so don't put words in my mouth. The comparison to their running ability really isn't that hard to grasp, but keep trying.

Bottom line, we should 100% take a gamble on him if nothing more for competition and his athleticism he brings to the table. I'm not confident in either freshman considering they couldn't beat out either LDR nor Appleby.

You're overstating what we have on our roster if you don't think we should take a flier on Zaire.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
hard to go off of recent stats from this past year when he didn't play as much.

He played in 8 games in 2016, more games than he played in in 2014 and 2015 COMBINED!!! That comes directly from the stats YOU POSTED! WTF are you talking about??? Every time you get called out on your BS you just pivot to some other excuse.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The current SEC rules would prevent Florida from signing Zaire. However, SaturdayDownSouth.com is reporting that SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey recently stated that the SEC may change the rule this spring.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...d-notre-dame-qb-malik-zaire-transferring-sec/

Zaire also announced that he will not make a decision on his future school until the spring. It's thought that if the SEC changes the rule Zaire will enroll at Florida.

Regardless of his talent level, it can't hurt to have another QB on the roster.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
When he played he threw it a lot more than "3 times a game" )

The guy threw the ball 23 times in 8 games in 2016 according to the stats YOU POSTED. As you're obviously mentally challenged, I'll do the math for you...that's 2.875 attempts per game, which is less than 3 times per game...not "a lot more than 3 times a games" as you assert.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He played in 8 games in 2016, more games than he played in in 2014 and 2015 COMBINED!!! That comes directly from the stats YOU POSTED! WTF are you talking about??? Every time you get called out on your BS you just pivot to some other excuse.

He threw the ball 23 times because he was rotating with Kaiser. He may have "played in more games" but didn't get the same # of snaps due to that reason. Id be lying though if I didn't say I thought he played more games his first two years, so you are right there.

Regardless, what excuse am I making? I'm not saying he's some wonderful, can't miss QB. Im saying he's better than what we've had starting since Tebow. That's an indictment on our QB's more than it is a testament to Zaire's skills.

He would be a welcomed addition to our QB competition. That's a fact, Jack.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ND's 4th string QB really isnt worth getting your panties twisted, boys.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
And I replied with stats and evidence that he's better than anything we have. And although I compared him to Wilson, I did not say he is nearly as good, so don't put words in my mouth. The comparison to their running ability really isn't that hard to grasp, but keep trying.

I never said that you said he was nearly as good as Wilson...the only person putting words in somebody's mouth is you. Good grief, you're not very bright are you? And your comparison with Wilson wasn't about their running ability rather it was about their ability to pass the ball. Go back and read your OP where you brought Wilson into the discussion. Try to keep your points and arguments straight. God man, you're hopeless and trying to banter/debate/discuss/argue with you is an effort in futility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb