UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I watched him against UVA last year, they were losing until he broke his ankle and the backup came in. He can't help us.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I never said that you said he was nearly as good as Wilson...the only person putting words in somebody's mouth is you. Good grief, you're not very bright are you? And your comparison with Wilson wasn't about their running ability rather it was about their ability to pass the ball. Go back and read your OP where you brought Wilson into the discussion. Try to keep your points and arguments straight. God man, you're hopeless and trying to banter/debate/discuss/argue with you is an effort in futility.

I used Wilson as a comparison since I see them as similar styles. Zaire is a really good runner, but I also think he is a better passer than many are giving him credit for. That's it. I think you're reading too far into the comparison.

Don't know why I'm wasting time arguing over this when all I want is to bring him in for competition. He was splitting reps with a future top round pick at the beginning of the season; I can promise you that Appleby/Del Rio/Harris/Driskel etc would not have sniffed the field.

Keep the hate up bruh

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I have a pretty strong bias against ND, I really don't want any rejects from there. That said since I have no influence I will go with whatever coach decides.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chasing this QB would be Mac with one shoe nailed to the floor, circling, circling. Get to work with our
real Gators. We evaluated them then signed them. Let's go, Franks cannot be that unteachable ??

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounding like Texas is going after Zaire now that Harris went to NC. It may be between us, Texas and Wisconsin from reading some recent articles. The SEC still has to relax the transfer rule for us to be allowed to take him. The one thing that makes me nervous about this is they claim that Sophomore Texas QB got some decent playing time last year and didn't do that bad. That could come into play if he has the option of coming to UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also, I read that Zaire hasn't actually graduated. It is confusing because I also read he was working out in Arizona all semester. Maybe he is doing a computer course or independent study to finish his credits.

So, he MAY not be just waiting on us as I originally thought. There probably are other suitors. Very comforting, actually.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Also, I read that Zaire hasn't actually graduated. It is confusing because I also read he was working out in Arizona all semester. Maybe he is doing a computer course or independent study to finish his credits.

So, he MAY not be just waiting on us as I originally thought. There probably are other suitors.

First I heard about the graduation part. The recent post Harris transfers to NC articles mention UF, Texas and Wisconsin. I don't remember seeing any other teams mentioned.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't much GAF about Zaire. Once I read that he hadn't graduated therefore wasn't waiting for us necessarily, I definitely have much less concerns. Hell, I doubt Butters could land him even if he wanted to.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I know I am :deadhorse:, but for all that is good and holy, no notre dame players. Not now. Not ever. I don't discriminate ... except when it comes to that sanctimonious university.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is someone playing the Race Card?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire is a previous Music City Bowl champion. Very few get the opportunity to win two of those. Im sure we are attractive to him if Vandy and Voles arent looking for help.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Yeah, you know, if it happens and we have the spot, we have the number, that’s something definitely that we would do," McElwain said.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Yeah but only if we have a spot ya know. No chance if we give out 10-12 schollies to walkons though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.