UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This is an incredible indictment against Franks/Trask. I'm totally blown away by the pursuit of Zaire. To me, Mac is essentially admitting that the "quarterback of the future" is not currently on the roster.

So, Mac's "plan" is to stand pat and hope that a rule is altered to allow him to take a grad transfer? A millionaire coach tasked with being overseer of the cash-cow for one of the top universities in the country and you're not more prepared than this, considering the quarterback position has been an Achilles heel of this program for years?

Man, I don't want to turn this into a coach bashing thread. I really like coach Mac.
But damn...
This is negligence.

I don't wanna sound like a downer. This move may workout. Malik, may come here and lead this team back to Atlanta. My only concern is the lack of preparedness. It speaks volumes about Mac's ability to be CEO. He's done admirably at coaching and recruiting. But his organizational and leadership prowess leaves a lot to be desired.

Thoughts?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hoping for a "new third" QB, bad coach, bad, bad coach (hitting with rolled up newspaper).
Hoping for a pathetic rule change to be "allowed" to grab this grad-tranny - bad coach, bad, bad coach.
Displaying lack of confidence in the two 2 QBs you're teaching - bad coach, bad, bad coach.
.... but then if Zaire lights up our scoreboard brilliant coach, brilliant. IDK? and worse MacDK.

Last edited:

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At some point you've got to throw one of the young guys out there and let them sink or swim. These on-going patch jobs do nothing but stunt the growth of the young guys. I get it, the cupboard was bare when Grier had his issues but at some point, you need to get the future playing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm franks, i transfer the day zaire sets foot on campus.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is an incredible indictment against Franks/Trask. I'm totally blown away by the pursuit of Zaire. To me, Mac is essentially admitting that the "quarterback of the future" is not currently on the roster.

Thoughts?

Well I will give McElwain this, he apparently is unconcerned that, if Franks/Trask or even Del Rio win the job, any grad transfer QB will be a festering bad attitude on the bench. That possibility underlines your incredible indictment.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

So, Mac's "plan" is to stand pat and hope that a rule is altered to allow him to take a grad transfer? A millionaire coach tasked with being overseer of the cash-cow for one of the top universities in the country and you're not more prepared than this, considering the quarterback position has been an Achilles heel of this program for years?

Man, I don't want to turn this into a coach bashing thread. I really like coach Mac.
But damn...
This is negligence.

I don't wanna sound like a downer. This move may workout. Malik, may come here and lead this team back to Atlanta. My only concern is the lack of preparedness. It speaks volumes about Mac's ability to be CEO. He's done admirably at coaching and recruiting. But his organizational and leadership prowess leaves a lot to be desired.

Thoughts?
You used the word admirably when speaking of his coaching and recruiting skills, I don't agree with either. That is all!

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Some of the recent articles (one of them quoting Appleby) say that Mac/Nussmeier run a fairly complex offense. If that's true you have 2 redshirt freshman that came in very ill-prepared for this from their HS backgrounds. Recent articles on Jake Allen report him to be well-trained to a more sophisticated offense. His ex-Gator QB guru said how he's already skilled at all the reads needed. TIFWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.