UPDATED Post-to-Like Ratio: Where do you stand?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, I’m happy that I’m separating myself from the popcorn posting 1. I might even get to 100% some day.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, puzzling question for you - is there a problem with tapatalk tracking likes?

I never seem to get more than 5 likes on one of my (albeit RARE) really good posts. I check to see who likes my posts and once I hit 5, I swear if a new name appears, a different name drops off the list. Does tapatalk only display the most recent 5 likes? Or am I getting robbed because there’s a mysterious cap in place? Anyone else notice this?

BTW I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else’s count go higher than 6.

Tapatalk sucks, don't use it. No reason to nowadays, most forums have mobile-friendly design.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We need to do a rematch for which poster you'd most like to have a beer with. As reigning champ I have no issue competing, and turning over the crown if need be.

:)

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I gotta admit I’m kind of obsessed with my ratio but I haven’t reached 500 posts yet

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Two things:

1) These are usually done every six months, and it's been nearly a year
2) It takes literally hours to go through an excel spreadsheet and enter numbers on it one at a time to get this list. I was tired and didn't want to go the additional 20+ members to get down to 750.

In short, after 11 damn months, anyone who was on the previous list and had already compiled 500+ likes should have easily been able to get to 1,000 IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY POSTING. And that's the problem with posters like yourself, you just don't post enough.

POST MORE.

I plan on probably making the likes floor rise with every update. So next time it's 1250, then 1500, etc. If people want to stay on these lists, they need to keep posting.

How hard would it be to track posts/likes for only the time period since the previous ranking? Total posts currently favor the charter members while the newbies would have to quit their jobs to be able to meet the minimum total post requirements. Can we instead base rankings on the seasonal stats instead of career stats? Is that a heavy lift?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, puzzling question for you - is there a problem with tapatalk tracking likes?

I never seem to get more than 5 likes on one of my (albeit RARE) really good posts. I check to see who likes my posts and once I hit 5, I swear if a new name appears, a different name drops off the list. Or am I getting robbed because there’s a mysterious cap in place?
No, what really happens is I execute them and bury them in a shallow grave. I can't tolerate you getting likes.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
225% aint too shabby, kind of puts me in the Manny Mota category.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve made a concerted effort all year to improve Donkey’s ranking - successfully. It’s a big job.
61f.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still bitter about all the stats I lost when Ox updated programs a long time ago. I've worked hard just to get back where I am.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
#50 seems high. I probably don't deserve half the likes I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb