UPDATED Post-to-Like Ratio: Where do you stand?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've noticed a trend over the last year or 2 though. I seems now we are so happy to see a new member that everyone and their brother showers their first few post with dozens of "likes" even when all they do is blend in and tell us what they ate for breakfast....

Back when I joined this board a new member literally had to dodge a hail of rocks and other objects, crawl through a minefield laden with harsh judgment and razorwire insults. Then get subjected to Gestapo-like interrogations from over officious mods/Administrators….But the absolute worst was being threatened with a ban for accidentally putting a space between a question mark at the end of your FIRST ever thread title.....:headslap:

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I've noticed a trend over the last year or 2 though. I seems now we are so happy to see a new member that everyone and their brother showers their first few post with dozens of "likes" even when all they do is blend in and tell us what they ate for breakfast....

Back when I joined this board a new member literally had to dodge a hail of rocks and other objects, crawl through a minefield laden with harsh judgment and razorwire insults. Then get subjected to Gestapo-like interrogations from over officious mods/Administrators….But the absolute worst was being threatened with a ban for accidentally putting a space between a question mark at the end of your FIRST ever thread title.....:headslap:

Sounds a little easier back then. You must have been a dumper. Try being a pumper.

357A73AE-F807-4B61-9E80-835A3E7F2913.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sounds a little easier back then. You must have been a dumper. Try being a pumper.
It actually was going into the 2014 season and I was probably as upbeat as anyone could be(pinned hope on Roper helping Chump understanding offense)….The majority of the board back then was convinced I was a Troll.....so I ran with it, good times. In retrospect I should probably be glad there wasn't a "dislike" rating. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It actually was going into the 2014 season and I was probably as upbeat as anyone could be(pinned hope on Roper helping Chump understanding offense)….The majority of the board back then was convinced I was a Troll.....so I ran with it, good times. In retrospect I should probably be glad there wasn't a "dislike" rating. :lol:
Dude, you are a troll!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But the absolute worst was being threatened with a ban for accidentally putting a space between a question mark at the end of your FIRST ever thread title.....:headslap:
First off, let's not pretend that was an accident on your part.

Secondly, that still annoys the hell out of me. I had to fix one that did that with a question mark the other day. What kind of a loony puts a space there?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Secondly, that still annoys the hell out of me. I had to fix one that did that with a question mark the other day. What kind of a loony puts a space there?

Probably someone that likes to irritate you?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Secondly, that still annoys the hell out of me. I had to fix one that did that with a question mark the other day. What kind of a loony puts a space there ?

FIFY

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of a loony puts a space there?

I have to put a space between word-ends and exclamation point = it looks too much like a letter of the word.?
Tebow said "Go to Hell!" .... Don't like that visual. Also, like Spanish does, you should let the reader know the sentence is a question as he begins reading the sentence. Otherwise he reads the whole sentence as a declarative, then at the end that late punctuation mark says "raise your inflection, that was a question.

Like I always say: "Traditions are habits we ain't gotten around to breaking yet."

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HauntingConcreteHornedtoad-max-1mb.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Where ?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I liked it better when the FNG had to run the gauntlet and survive the crucible to last here. I got savaged by 2bag my very first completely mundane post. I wear it like a badge of honor.

:proud:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.