Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think its almost a zero chance any of those players get on the field prior to the bowl game if even then. Heck the State says it will probably be a couple of weeks before they decide what to do going forward with the police recommendations then it will be a while after that before any deal would be offered.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
personally, I'm done with Callaway. It's just doesn't seem worth it at this point. who cares if the previous charges were dropped or how one of the marijuana charges came up? the guy keeps screwing up. the cons outweigh the pros, it's time to move on

You're casting it where they're bedding, Fishon: Callaway is a pro con.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2222 isn't around because Mac doesn't have time to post the during the season.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I guess he gave up trying to win over converts. Prob went back to swampass

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Wonder where McPhail has been?

I’m here. Just busy saving lives from both hurricanes. And I was never an advocate for these guys actions I was merely stating how The scam could have possibly worked and the University could have kept it under wraps if it was just involving the bookstore, but from what I’m reading here it now sounds like it’s more than just getting 500 extra bucks a month. It also makes me wonder if the fall out from the recent basketball FBI investigation doesn’t bleed over into the football programs for all the schools not just Florida. Either way these guys are Fd at the University of Florida.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Assuming these guys are toast does that free up scholarships for recruiting this year?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming these guys are toast does that free up scholarships for recruiting this year?

I believe so, I think it depends when/if they are released from their scholarship... I'm sure a few of the recruiting heads can offer more clarity.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
The audacity, stupidity and flat out entitled attitude shown by the players knows no bounds. These guys clearly thought that they wouldn't be caught and if they had been busted, they would quickly be exonerated because they are football players. There needs to be a cosmic shift in this mentality among all college sports and if it means making an example out of these guys, so be it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it does. The official count is made at the start of fall classes.
None of them would have a scholarship if I were king. At best, they could get a Jabar Gaffney treatment and have to earn their way back on the team as a walkon until then.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The audacity, stupidity and flat out entitled attitude shown by the players knows no bounds. These guys clearly thought that they wouldn't be caught and if they had been busted, they would quickly be exonerated because they are football players. There needs to be a cosmic shift in this mentality among all college sports and if it means making an example out of these guys, so be it.

As a beneficial corrective measure, create a required credit course in Ethics, EZified for ball players. The course should be designed for these specialized "at risk" brains. It should empasize the chain reaction set of by a single crime. It should make their sense of honor as much a source of pride as the pride they take in making a good football play. Basically, the course needs to be an eye-opener for these kids, using examples of pro-athletes (Kareem Abdul Jabbar) who got bilked out of millions by the unethical investment managers with no honor or internal ethics.

In recruiting we can tell the parents that UF has an "honesty-course" to make sure their kids aren't cheated by dishonest predators ;););).

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway should return if he settles everything and pays back the money. I mean, everybody deserves a 67th chance, right?

/sarcasm

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway should return if he settles everything and pays back the money. I mean, everybody deserves a 67th chance, right?
/sarcasm

Locker room cancer: all the other players worrying about their stuff in their unattended lockers.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How embarrassing. In a lobby. Front page of TBT. Tuesday's.

IMG_1091.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.