Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good memory. I think it was some football camp that Spurrier ran (not sure it was called FNL then). Could have been HS championship game at the swamp.

It was the High School Championship teams

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Now that had to be designed by a queer.

Fat boy was hungry :lmao2:

Crime rate in Gainesville just skyrocketed.

As for Telfort, I mean what can you say that someone is that dumb to charge a bunch of gummi worms to a stolen card.

Heck, he could have just shoplifted that stuff from the local 7-11 and probably gotten away with it by shoving it down his pants...and even if he got caught, he'd be facing a misdemeanor. What a dumb fcvk!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Here comes the "national #FakeNews media" trying to stir up more controversy :eek3:

There is nothing fakenewsish about that unfortunately other than the guy obviously not getting schooled on the intricacies of criminal law by 2222.

It's highly unlikely the Feds will get involved. I had my CC info, my bank info and my investment account info stolen. I called the Feds when the local jagoffs sat around eating donuts. The federal agent said they don't fool with stuff like this unless the amount involved was $500k...or your dad is a US senator.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's highly unlikely the Feds will get involved. I had my CC info, my bank info and my investment account info stolen. I called the Feds when the local jagoffs sat around eating donuts. The federal agent said they don't fool with stuff like this unless the amount involved was $500k...or your dad is a US senator.
Lol. Ok. I was in federal court a couple of days ago. A group of S Florida kids (Cubanos) were getting sentenced after going on shopping trips worth $5k or so. They are now federal felons for life.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How embarrassing. In a lobby. Front page of TBT. Tuesday's.

Well, we can't make headlines with the product on the field so you gotta try something different.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
How embarrassing. In a lobby. Front page of TBT. Tuesday's.

Yep. It's the biggest embarrassment to UF since the NCAA sanctions in 1984, IMO.

But I won't let this change how I feel about being a proud alum. I believe UF will continue handling this professionally and openly, unlike what many SEC schools would have done. So do others - I talk to a lot of UM and FSU fans. daily, and they aren't giving me a lot of grief about this - it's the whole "glasses houses" thing, and I'm only getting sarcastic pebbles cast my way, to date. It's still great to be a Florida Gator.

Dealing with the loss of those players and related morale issues is going to cost a two, maybe three victories this year. I happen to believe we would have lost to Michigan away, but not nearly as badly, if this hadn't happened. I also believe that Mac is doing a pretty good job dealing with this **** pile. We'll keep getting better as a team, game by game, unless we have a lot of injuries and our lack of depth completely ruins the season.

These are man-children. I was a jackass until age 25. Their friends and teammates might do time. In Mac I Trust to deal with this hot mess.

Now regarding Nuss....:beating:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. It's the biggest embarrassment to UF since the NCAA sanctions in 1984, IMO.

But I won't let this change how I feel about being a proud alum. I believe UF will continue handling this professionally and openly, unlike what many SEC schools would have done. So do others - I talk to a lot of UM and FSU fans. daily, and they aren't giving me a lot of grief about this - it's the whole "glasses houses" thing, and I'm only getting sarcastic pebbles cast my way, to date. It's still great to be a Florida Gator.

Dealing with the loss of those players and related morale issues is going to cost a two, maybe three victories this year. I happen to believe we would have lost to Michigan away, but not nearly as badly, if this hadn't happened. I also believe that Mac is doing a pretty good job dealing with this **** pile. We'll keep getting better as a team, game by game, unless we have a lot of injuries and our lack of depth completely ruins the season.

These are man-children. I was a jackass until age 25. Their friends and teammates might do time. In Mac I Trust to deal with this hot mess.

Now regarding Nuss....:beating:

That's a different fraud case.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/ufs-jordan-smith-faces-additional-complaints-time-gpd/

Troubled Florida defensive end Jordan Smith is facing four additional potential third-degree felony charges, bringing his total to 22.

According to court records, Gainesville Police filed a sworn complaint against Smith on Wednesday, charging him with two fraud complaints and two for larceny grand theft between $300 and $5,000.

The charges come two days after University Police filed a sworn complaint against Smith charging him with 18 third-degree felonies resulting from UPD’s investigation into credit card fraud.

Eight other UF players are facing third-degree felony charges from the UPD investigation.

GPD had a separate investigation on Smith, but no other UF players were involved in that investigation.

GPD alleges that Smith used a stolen credit card to pay $1,007.82 in rent for his Gainesville apartment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add 4 more felonies - I think we are up to about 70 felonies now with this mess. That is probably an all time felony record for a football team in a season. :eek:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/ufs-jordan-smith-faces-additional-complaints-time-gpd/

Troubled Florida defensive end Jordan Smith is facing four additional potential third-degree felony charges, bringing his total to 22.

According to court records, Gainesville Police filed a sworn complaint against Smith on Wednesday, charging him with two fraud complaints and two for larceny grand theft between $300 and $5,000.

The charges come two days after University Police filed a sworn complaint against Smith charging him with 18 third-degree felonies resulting from UPD’s investigation into credit card fraud.

Eight other UF players are facing third-degree felony charges from the UPD investigation.

GPD had a separate investigation on Smith, but no other UF players were involved in that investigation.

GPD alleges that Smith used a stolen credit card to pay $1,007.82 in rent for his Gainesville apartment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add 4 more felonies - I think we are up to about 70 felonies now with this mess. That is probably an all time felony record for a football team in a season. :eek:

It's possible. Definitely safe to say we've racked up more loyalty rewards points than offensive points so far this season.

Has to be some kind of record.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Lol. Ok. I was in federal court a couple of days ago. A group of S Florida kids (Cubanos) were getting sentenced after going on shopping trips worth $5k or so. They are now federal felons for life.

That's great but each case has different facts and circumstances and I'd venture a guess that the backstory of the Gator players cases and the cases of the kids you're referencing are fairly different. I'd love to check out the case you're referring to if you're inclined to provide the dedendants' names or case #. With my situation, I heard it directly from the mouth of a lead CC/identity theft investigator with the Secret Service here in Atlanta that they weren't going to pursue low dollar CC fraud cases and I was stuck with the local bozos. Again, I say it's highly unlikely (I never said impossible) that the Feds get involved with the UF players' cases. I guess time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.