Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Retirement.

giphy.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We were discussing this last nite in another thread. Not sure which one, but no way Urb's could last in the NFL IMO. He could not take having to play a team of equal quality and talent 16 times a year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Oh I forgot to mention this. The one thing I am sure of is that Urb's is loving all this media hype and attention. He is getting his knob slobbed by everyone so both he and Shelley are happy about that!

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
Can Urban Meyer go away? Guy pretends to humbly retires all the time and then when we don't talk about him he starts talking about a new job. Just pick up a hobby if you're so bored. Stop using your health and then pretending doctors mircously cured you .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He really struggles with scrutiny. The NFL is 10x more intense.
You honestly think the NFL has 10x the scrutiny than major college football? :crazy:

In major college football, one loss and it's over. You can lose six games in the NFL and still make the playoffs.

NFL is MUCH easier. And no recruiting. Freaking Jason Garrett has been sucking in Dallas for a damn DECADE and still has his job!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can Urban Meyer go away? Guy pretends to humbly retires all the time and then when we don't talk about him he starts talking about a new job. Just pick up a hobby if you're so bored. Stop using your health and then pretending doctors mircously cured you .
Why don't you tell him to go kill himself? All the bastard did was fill our trophy case.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m about ready for another public meltdown from the man! I wonder what it will be this time. :scratchchin:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You honestly think the NFL has 10x the scrutiny than major college football? :crazy:

In major college football, one loss and it's over. You can lose six games in the NFL and still make the playoffs.

NFL is MUCH easier. And no recruiting. Freaking Jason Garrett has been sucking in Dallas for a damn DECADE and still has his job!
In a place like Dallas? Make that 20x.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

College football basically has scrutiny from small media markets. NFL has scrutiny from large media markets and they are relentless. What scrutiny did Meyer have in Gainesville? A little bit?

The Cowboys brand is the largest in all sports. Even Saban wouldn’t take it.

As for what his success rate would be, I think he would be fantastic. He is for some reason really underappreciated in Gainesville but he’s a top 5 All Time CFB coach IMO.

Who else has absolutely dominated their conference and competed in national championship conversations at every stop? Nobody like him.

I think several years ago you described him as a shooting star. That’s a great description. Burns brightly and dies out. He just can’t last that long. Even if he went to the NFL what would be his max time? Four years? Five years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.