Urban Meyer "absolutely" would take Dallas Cowboys job

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
T
You got me laughing buddy...........I think you and I are the only two fans that really understand what Urbs did for us and THAT is why he was hired..........GFs come and go (no pun intended) and that was Urbs........he was worth EVERY penny.
That’s sweet. I had no idea you and Ox thought alike on everything.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
T

That’s sweet. I had no idea you and Ox thought alike on everything.
You gonna get a ban from him , too, with comments like that. Ox and I agree on Urban and that this website is fantastic.
Beyond that we have an uneasy truce at times...........a mutual disrespect if you will.............

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You gonna get a ban from him , too, with comments like that. Ox and I agree on Urban and that this website is fantastic.
Beyond that we have an uneasy truce at times...........a mutual disrespect if you will.............
It was low hanging fruit. You getting all mushy and all.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Report: Potential new USC AD told he cannot pursue Urban Meyer, could back out

USC supposedly has a deal in place with Cincinnati athletic director Mike Bohn to make him their next AD, but many expected an official announcement on Monday. While the Trojans could make the move official at some point this week, speculation is increasing that Bohn may be having second thoughts.
According to a report from Scott Wolf of InsideUSC.com, Bohn is considering backing out of his agreement with USC after university president Carol Folt informed him that he will not be able to hire Urban Meyer as the school’s next football coach. Several other athletic director candidates are said to have turned down the USC job because they were told Meyer was not an option, but Wolf reports that Bohn was not informed until after he agreed to take the position.
Meyer has been repeatedly linked to USC, but a recent report claimed Folt, who became USC’s president earlier this year, does not want to hire Meyer because of all the controversy that surrounds him. USC has enough problems to deal with, as the admissions scandal that rocked the school is still playing out. The Trojans were also one of the teams involved in the FBI’s investigation into corruption within college basketball. Folt likely played a role in former athletic director Lynn Swann recently stepping down, as Swann was heavily criticized for the way he handled a lot of the issues at USC during his three-plus years there.
There was some belief that Bohn’s impending hire at USC meant the Trojans were not going to pursue Meyer, as Meyer has a history of forging deep ties with athletic directors and does not have that type of relationship with Bohn. However, Meyer is a University of Cincinnati alumni who played football at the school, and Bohn was complimentary of him a few years back.
USC’s football program has been in disarray for several years now, and no one really knows what their plan is with Meyer. We have heard of at least one other top coach they could pursue, but Trojan fans are probably going to be disappointed with anyone other than Meyer. If they lose Bohn because of an unwillingness to pursue Meyer, things could get even uglier.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So perhaps if the AD to be at USCw is considering backing out b/c he can't pursue Urbs, perhaps the "Fooley is available for USCw AD" can be restarted.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's hilarious - potential AD's backing out all over the place because they can't hire Meyer. :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Report: Potential new USC AD told he cannot pursue Urban Meyer, could back out

USC supposedly has a deal in place with Cincinnati athletic director Mike Bohn to make him their next AD, but many expected an official announcement on Monday. While the Trojans could make the move official at some point this week, speculation is increasing that Bohn may be having second thoughts.
According to a report from Scott Wolf of InsideUSC.com, Bohn is considering backing out of his agreement with USC after university president Carol Folt informed him that he will not be able to hire Urban Meyer as the school’s next football coach. Several other athletic director candidates are said to have turned down the USC job because they were told Meyer was not an option, but Wolf reports that Bohn was not informed until after he agreed to take the position.
Meyer has been repeatedly linked to USC, but a recent report claimed Folt, who became USC’s president earlier this year, does not want to hire Meyer because of all the controversy that surrounds him. USC has enough problems to deal with, as the admissions scandal that rocked the school is still playing out. The Trojans were also one of the teams involved in the FBI’s investigation into corruption within college basketball. Folt likely played a role in former athletic director Lynn Swann recently stepping down, as Swann was heavily criticized for the way he handled a lot of the issues at USC during his three-plus years there.
There was some belief that Bohn’s impending hire at USC meant the Trojans were not going to pursue Meyer, as Meyer has a history of forging deep ties with athletic directors and does not have that type of relationship with Bohn. However, Meyer is a University of Cincinnati alumni who played football at the school, and Bohn was complimentary of him a few years back.
USC’s football program has been in disarray for several years now, and no one really knows what their plan is with Meyer. We have heard of at least one other top coach they could pursue, but Trojan fans are probably going to be disappointed with anyone other than Meyer. If they lose Bohn because of an unwillingness to pursue Meyer, things could get even uglier.
Which is exactly why I've been saying that ND (nor UF) would not hire him either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's hilarious - potential AD's backing out all over the place because they can't hire Meyer. :lol:
Wait... wait... so the team that hired Pete Carroll, Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, and Ed Orgeron now has scruples?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’m sure the Meyer issue specifically is a problem and is ridiculous. But I can’t imagine taking any director position of that magnitude where before you’ve even started you’re being told what you can and cannot do. But of course, you’ll be held accountable for “your” decisions, and their success or failure will determine whether you continue being employed or are fired in public fashion.

Yeah, sounds fun.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who’s more anti-gender, Meyer or the USC president?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator