Urban Meyer interview

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I'm replying here because I already made a post before watching it all.

Listening to this really drives home the point that the things the guys on Urbans team actually learned helped them in life. Expecting them to work hard and focus on a goal really help people.

I couldnt help but think about how old Billy talks about mentoring the guys while giving them no expectations and teaching them about the joys of losing.

TL/DR winning and setting expectations builds young men better than teaching them how to lose with dignity. So who really cares more?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Outside of Mack Brown going back to UNC and Bill Snyder going back to KSU, can any of you think of a time a former college coach came back to a school after a gap of several years? Second acts in life rarely seem to work out, but if anyone could pull it off, it would probably be Urbs.
Chris Ault

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I just love Urban Meyer, that's a guy with swag who is in control. The guy just has "it."

I'd buy Bitcoin from him if he was selling it
urban-osu.gif

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Would the UAA be able to demote Bill to equipment manager while collecting his buyout?

For sure, if a recruit on a visit was instagramming his followers negging UF, Urban would send him packing. Bweelly pats on the back and giggles. Awe shucks buddy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Still waiting on your take, especially the "don't blame the players" part.
Funny coming from you, a guy who always HATED Urban Meyer and mocked me over and over and over when I defended him for years after he left. Now you suddenly love him?

You guys really think I would give two sh!ts if Billy was fired tomorrow? I wouldn't.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Funny coming from you, a guy who always HATED Urban Meyer and mocked me over and over and over when I defended him for years after he left. Now you suddenly love him?

You guys really think I would give two sh!ts if Billy was fired tomorrow? I wouldn't.
Its certainly the closest thing to an apology I've ever heard from him regarding how it ended. I've never heard that before.

He also seems to love talking about how special that UF job is. Normally I'd say there is zero chance he'd take the job if offered, but now Im not so sure.

Last interview was digs about Billy not understanding and capitalizing on momentum. This interview about not claiming these aren't your kids and wait til I get my recruits.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Meyer knows how to win--Billy does not. A lot can be forgiven if Meyer comes back and has us resembling a functional football program again.

I think you're a victim of your own success. You so thoroughly brainwashed everyone around here into believing Sunbelt Billy was competent that it's hard for any of us to believe you've turned against him. Plus, you're a masterful troll, so even those who are I open to believing it are cautious this isn't some long con.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer knows how to win--Billy does not. A lot can be forgiven if Meyer comes back and has us resembling a functional football program again.

I think you're a victim of your own success. You so thoroughly brainwashed everyone around here into believing Sunbelt Billy was competent that it's hard for any of us to believe you've turned against him. Plus, you're a masterful troll, so even those who are I open to believing it are cautious this isn't some long con.
I wanted this fanbase to give him a chance. I never claimed he would win at UF. Never. He's still here, so I'm still giving him a chance - now a 10% chance at success.

As for Meyer, I'd sure love to get him back. However, I just don't think there's a chance in hell that those in charge would hire him even if he was interested. They primarily view his run at UF as an embarrassment, despite an overflowing trophy case. He's been shunned for the Ring of Honor for a reason.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Last interview was digs about Billy not understanding and capitalizing on momentum. This interview about not claiming these aren't your kids and wait til I get my recruits.
Let's stick to the facts instead of your usual BS. Has Billy actually come out and openly SAID at some point that these aren't his kids and he needs his own players to win? Of course not. Some of the fans have made that claim, but he hasn't said anything of the sort that I know of. If someone would like to post up a quote where he did, I'm all ears.

You can hate on a guy, but don't make up lies.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I wanted this fanbase to give him a chance. I never claimed he would win at UF. Never. He's still here, so I'm still giving him a chance - now a 10% chance at success.

As for Meyer, I'd sure love to get him back. However, I just don't think there's a chance in hell that those in charge would hire him even if he was interested. They primarily view his run at UF as an embarrassment, despite an overflowing trophy case. He's been shunned for the Ring of Honor for a reason.
Wrong... Billy's chance meter goes to 11!!!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Let's stick to the facts instead of your usual BS. Has Billy actually come out and openly SAID at some point that these aren't his kids and he needs his own players to win? Of course not. Some of the fans have made that claim, but he hasn't said anything of the sort that I know of. If someone would like to post up a quote where he did, I'm all ears.

Premier League What GIF by Liverpool FC

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I don't know that Meyer was actually accusing Napier of that. Sounded to me as though he was making the point of coaches in general. That would be quite a swipe if he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.