The Urban Meyer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Tell me again what Sabans record looks like in the NFL...ya know where ya don't get to grab the pick of the litter at places like UF and OSU....Not saying he's a bad coach but you're looking at 2 different universes between historically top five or 6 power programs and the NFL. See SOS, Saban, McKay and a few others and then the other side of the coin...Johnson, Carroll and Harbaugh for 2 or 3 years before ownership lost it's mind.....the difference....OWNERSHIP....plain and simple.
Maybe Ub's is a wizard who can fly through space but the reality is he just landed on the NFL's version of Ur-anus :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Saban himself said when he took the bama job that he wasn't a very good coach but that he would out recruit everyone in the country. Saban's not an X&O guy. He's an everything else guy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it happened. It’s a great fit all around. Meyer’s going to have to adjust to the limits of the draft versus recruiting. It’ll take awhile to get all the talent he needs. The Jax crowd will be accommodative. It’s a homecoming of sorts.

Football is football, and Meyer knows the game as well as anyone. I think he’ll do well. One thing I know. He and his staff will bust their tails.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it happened. It’s a great fit all around. Meyer’s going to have to adjust to the limits of the draft versus recruiting. It’ll take awhile to get all the talent he needs. The Jax crowd will be accommodative. It’s a homecoming of sorts.

Football is football, and Meyer knows the game as well as anyone. I think he’ll do well. One thing I know. He and his staff will bust their tails.
you mean there will finally be relentless effort in the area?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What unspeakable thing made Meyer's psyche collapse so much at UF.
I can't help but think he knew enough truth about Hernandez to tear his Meyer's mind up. He had to get away in turmoil. He was haunted by the unthinkable. Leave it behind to ignore & purge from his mind : mind-blind like he did with an alcoholic assistant who beat his wife multiple times?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Although I do dislike Meyer for not staying at UF to make it a powerhouse program, I have to admit the Jag-job is the most monumental move of self-confidence, determination, and downright bravery. He took not a dream-job but a nightmare job. I hope he works a miracle to make many people overjoyed.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What unspeakable thing made Meyer's psyche collapse so much at UF.
I can't help but think he knew enough truth about Hernandez to tear his Meyer's mind up. He had to get away in turmoil. He was haunted by the unthinkable. Leave it behind to ignore & purge from his mind : mind-blind like he did with an alcoholic assistant who beat his wife multiple times?
Meyer was completely spent and done when he left Florida. The idea that he could have somehow rebounded and suddenly fixed Florida and kicked little Nickie's a$$ to regain the top spot in the SEC is laughable.

But that doesn't change the fact that this is not a good hire, it's a great hire for the Jags.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is my possibility for when you look beneath it all.=

Of course, Meyer was spent because he chose to not fight back having zero loyalty to Florida where the Hernandez challenge & other loss of player control challenges were in danger of bubbling up into speculative accusations & blame. When Meyer accepts a challenge he usually wins - that's been his record. He did not accept the challenge with Florida. He bolted because something happened here that was indefensible to him. He could not be here as the coach for when he feared that truth would come out.

That horrid truth came out a few years later with the Patriot organization involved. Meyer had escaped the association, the insinuations. He later got those concerning the drunken wife-beater in his personnel, which he also knew about and tried to dodge. The blame on that nearly made him ill again. He did not fight. He faded from the association with OSU. Now he's in Jax where the Jags start out faded already.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He was suspected by associated people of shooting 2 people at the age of 17 - a display of his "hair-trigger" anger.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Looking more and more like Scott Linehan will be the OC. Hate it. Anthony Lynn is the other name being thrown around. Of the two, I'd rather have Lynn.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@jeffzrebiec
Jaguars not only have talked to Ravens DL coach Joe Cullen, they've also expressed interest in talking to Ravens defensive pass game coordinator Chris Hewitt. Ravens have already lost two defensive assistants and there could be more coming.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looking more and more like Scott Linehan will be the OC. Hate it. Anthony Lynn is the other name being thrown around. Of the two, I'd rather have Lynn.
It is a little concerning those are the only names rumored. It better be Lynn out of those two lol.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is a little concerning those are the only names rumored. It better be Lynn out of those two lol.

Apparently Linehan and Urbs go way back. Linehan is highly respected. He has a ton of nfl experience which will help Urbs. But, I think Linehan is a terrible play-caller.

And if he wants it, Raheem Morris is at the top of the list for the DC job. I like him as a DC.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Linehan and Urbs go way back. Linehan is highly respected. He has a ton of nfl experience which will help Urbs. But, I think Linehan is a terrible play-caller.

And if he wants it, Raheem Morris is at the top of the list for the DC job. I like him as a DC.

@Rotoworld_FB: Rams 'focusing on' Raheem Morris for DC NFL: Rams 'focusing on' Raheem Morris for DC

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AlbertBreer
The Rams are working towards hiring Raheem Morris as defensive coordinator, per sources. Morris cancelled a trip to Florida to interview for the Jags DC job that was slated for today. (Morris & Sean McVay worked together in Tampa and Washington. NFLN linked Morris to Rams 1st.)

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@Rotoworld_FB: Rams 'focusing on' Raheem Morris for DC NFL: Rams 'focusing on' Raheem Morris for DC
That’s why I said if he wants it. The two other names I’ve seen mentioned is Joe Cullen and Anthony Weaver. Cullen has never been a DC in the nfl. This is Weaver’s first year as DC. That team hasnt aged well. I can’t judge him off of one year. So, who knows. Cullen is another hot name. I’ll go with him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@nflrums: #Jaguars likely to name #Ravens Coach Anthony Weaver DC #Jacksonville #NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.