Urban Meyer stepping down after Rose Bowl

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep. They got the Dazzler treatment without the year long audition. No head coaching experience either. Ruh Roh.
Ryan Day? No real search? If I was an OSU fan I'd be pissed.

I think Day will do just fine. He's been groomed for this and it's a similar situation to Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma - a rising star that is wanted by a lot of teams (Day was in line for a ton of jobs, last year and this year of this opening hadn't happened). OSU bumped his pay from $400k to over $1 million last off-season. Meyer is leaving OSU in MUCH better shape than UF. If Day can keep the class together he'll have a top 5 roster going into next season, plus Haskins returns.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he’s coming back, he was asked if this was the end of his football career and his answer was, that’s a complicated question. What??? How is that a complicated question, it’s a yes or no answer question.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Day will do just fine. He's been groomed for this and it's a similar situation to Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma - a rising star that is wanted by a lot of teams (Day was in line for a ton of jobs, last year and this year of this opening hadn't happened). OSU bumped his pay from $400k to over $1 million last off-season. Meyer is leaving OSU in MUCH better shape than UF. If Day can keep the class together he'll have a top 5 roster going into next season, plus Haskins returns.

very true

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
When the going gets tough, The Urban get running.........

Guy runs a hell of a program for a few years. Then everything spins out of control. That's got to drive him crazy that guys like Saban and Dabo can build AND MAINTAIN a great football program. Urbs can build. He can't maintain.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: New Ohio State coach Ryan Day received a 5-year contract, worth $4.5 million a year

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Covering up for a wife beater, putting Percy Harvin in a boot (when his foot is fine, he just failed too many consecutive drug tests), and of course introducing the world to Aaron Hernandez. Plenty of blemishes if you look a little outside the lines, or care. Just saying, not a wonderful human being.
shut up dwag

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He looks miserable. I doubt he returns.

Most people do look miserable when they are forced out of something against their wishes. But he should be happy. He got to coach 10 or 11 more games than he should have!!!!!!!!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Guy runs a hell of a program for a few years. Then everything spins out of control. That's got to drive him crazy that guys like Saban and Dabo can build AND MAINTAIN a great football program. Urbs can build. He can't maintain.
You guys kill me. What is "out of control" at OSU right now? Give me a specific answer. That assistant that got fired?

OSU has a top 10 recruiting class and is about to win the Rose Bowl. Your hate has you suspending reality.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
You guys kill me. What is "out of control" at OSU right now? Give me a specific answer. That assistant that got fired?

OSU has a top 10 recruiting class and is about to win the Rose Bowl. Your hate has you suspending reality.

upload_2018-12-4_17-8-32.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How about an answer instead of your stupid images? What is "out of control" at OSU right now?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Urban is paradoxical mix of low tolerance for drama combined with a love for, well, drama. All it took was the Smith episode combined with him being called on the carpet for lying about it to send him into a death spiral.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have seen those melodramatic images of Meyer hunched over on the sideline against Maryland if not for the Smith drama. It all looked terribly staged.

You're hurting, man? Either go to the locker room for aid or suck it up and stop acting like a baby. You're hurting your team acting like you just got whacked by a 250-pound linebacker.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I freely admit Meyer is a drama queen and a weirdo. I've never said otherwise. It doesn't seem to matter one damn bit when the ball is kicked off - he just wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.