Urban Meyer's infamous "broken" quote

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let’s discuss the transition from Ray Graves to Doug Dickey while we’re at it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was only the new guy's insistence that we suddenly change UF's identity that caused them to be total fish out of water.
No..... the Smurfs were 400 yard a year diversions to teams collapsing on Tebow on the inside.

The offense that was left was absolutely a was a heaping pile of shyt.

What are you going to do with that? Run yhe option w John Brantly? Hell no. Bash the middle w Demps like we didnt in 2010? Good luck.

We threw a lot of RB screens or tosses to get the smurfs in space. Throw to those terrible WRs? Lol.... ok. Deonte Thompson as the showcase?

BTW there Im pretty sure that Thompson is the worst four-year starter wide receiver we've ever had and I'm fairly confident his place is secure forever.

I agree we should have moved Demps and Rainey to DB, KR or slot receiver for Rainey (what he played in pro's) but we seemed to feel we OWED them the starting RB jobs. Gillie and Brown were clearly better, and yet we wanted to play smurfs.

Reed and Trey lining up at QB?

That one one heaping, steaming pile of shyt Creyer made.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No..... the Smurfs were 400 yard a year diversions to teams collapsing on Tebow on the inside.

What are you going to do with that? Run yhe option w John Brantly? Hell no. Bash the middle w Demps like we didnt in 2010? Good luck.

We threw a lot of RB screens or tosses to get the smurfs in space. Throw to those terrible WRs? Lol.... ok. Deonte Thompson as the showcase?

BTW there Im pretty sure that Thompson is the worst four-year starter wide receiver we've ever had and I'm fairly confident his place is secure forever.

I agree we should have moved Demps and Rainey to DB, KR or slot receiver for Rainey (what he played in pro's) but we seemed to feel we OWED them the starting RB jobs. Gillie and Brown were clearly better, and yet we wanted to play smurfs.

Had Cam Newton still been there, we win the NC in 2010 with that "steaming pile of shyt" roster.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Ole Scam would have just lined up and run it all the way to the endzone by himself.

Sometimes you are the epitome of the bubble gumming chewing chick fan who thinks that the QB is all that matters and the other 10 guys just watch the plays go down.

It was easy to see that shytfest coming down the track.

CUM quit in 2009 when Saban clipped his balls. You like to blame everything on Brantly, Reed and Trey but CUM was already gone by then.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Ole Scam would have just lined up and run it all the way to the endzone by himself.

Sometimes you are the epitome of the bubble gumming chewing chick fan who thinks that the QB is all that matters and the other 10 guys just watch the plays go down.

It was easy to see that shytfest coming down the track.

CUM quit in 2009 when Saban clipped his balls. You like to blame everything on Brantly, Reed and Trey but CUM was already gone by then.
This is such nonsense on so many levels that it's not even worth responding to.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No..... they were 400 yards a year sidetrick diversions to teams collapsing on Tebow on the inside.

I agree we should have moved Demps and Rainey to DB, KR or slot receiver for Rainey (what he played in pro's) but we seemed to feel we OWED them the starting RB jobs.

We had Gillislee and Brown at RB. Both had or have NFL careers. We had, as you pointed out 2 NFL starting TE's, plus Christian who went on to be a successful player at Louisville. Debose and Thompson were definite underachievers, but were also players that did play in the NFL, with DT still being in the league. Acting as if the right coach couldn't have managed to get something out of them at the collegiate level is crazy.

Add that to the defense he inherited, and the fact that once he reached the opponent's 40, he at least had 3 from Sturgis and there's more than enough to win with and build upon.

Not denying that the talent level was a considerable step back from Meyer's best years, and I don't doubt that it didn't have an impact on his decision to leave. I just don't consider that roster, and a team that was used to winning, to be broken. And again, if that's the terminology we're using, I'd love to know what you'd call what WM would go on to leave after 2014, and more importantly, what we'd call what Mullen just took on. As I've said, winners win. And losers lay the groundwork for why they can't.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even get Ox fired up anymore.

I've lost my touch.
What's funny is the board has slowly started to turn pro-Meyer, after years of jilted-lover hate. We still have a few holdovers, but 3 years ago the board was 90% anti-Meyer. Now it's more like 25%.

Maybe that chomp that Meyer did as he was leaving the field for OSU swayed a few people back to him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is the board has slowly started to turn pro-Meyer, after years of jilted-lover hate. We still have a few holdovers, but 3 years ago the board was 90% anti-Meyer. Now it's more like 25%.

Maybe that chomp that Meyer did as he was leaving the field for OSU swayed a few people back to him.
It is easier not to hate him when he isn't recruiting against you.

He was slaying us at STA and a few other places, rightfully so with morons like Chimp and Butterteeth.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let’s discuss the transition from Ray Graves to Doug Dickey while we’re at it.

I always thought Buser got a raw deal. It was pretty obvious from day one that C.J. McCoy was in way over his head and left the roster in shambles. Buser has to clean up the locker room, ramp up recruiting--all while WW1 is raging, mind you--and gets the boot after just 3 years. I've always felt like Kline won with Buser's players.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagining Cam Newton taking snaps in 2010 remains one of the biggest what-ifs in my Gator closet. The obvious holdback would have been Addazio, whose vanilla playcalling couldn't have begun to tap Newton's potential.

But then, Meyer probably knew that and might have had a different playcaller up his sleeve. Maybe Meyer gets so rejuvenated by it all he doesn't leave. Maybe, maybe, maybe. So many what-ifs.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Imagining Cam Newton taking snaps in 2010 remains one of the biggest what-ifs in my Gator closet. The obvious holdback would have been Addazio, whose vanilla playcalling couldn't have begun to tap Newton's potential.

But then, Meyer probably knew that and might have had a different playcaller up his sleeve. Maybe Meyer gets so rejuvenated by it all he doesn't leave. Maybe, maybe, maybe. So many what-ifs.

This board wouldn’t exist without Chimp or Butters. So thank God for Meyer imploding.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This board wouldn’t exist without Chimp or Butters. So thank God for Meyer imploding.
GSMB was intense and fun at Meyer's apex. There was nitpicking over various aspects of the team, but there was immense pride and even protectionism about Meyer, which at this point probably sounds quaint and silly.

GSMB migrated here and I'm pretty sure there's not a more passionate fan segment than this bunch.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

A decade of misery tends to do that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think the GSMB hamlsters would still be running? Im pretty sure their server was Ms DOS 6.22. There stiff was failing miserably and they had no intention of upgrading their software. All their interns were saying just go with Facebook.

They just changed their mind because of Ox' success, not because they give a shyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is the board has slowly started to turn pro-Meyer, after years of jilted-lover hate. .
I also have always defended CUM on one point, he was a lot more strict before Avery committed suicide. That changed him. Made him much softer on discipline.

Understandably so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.