Urban opens up about mental health issues

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
You know I will always thank Urban for the two titles and how much fun his tenure was but there is only one thing I want from him and we will never get it due to the person he is.

I want him to apologize to us the fans for taking the year off and not caring about the program in 2010. I just want him to come out and say that he messed up and the fans and the team deserved better than that performance...

However, the guy is arrogant and prideful and it will never happen.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt coaching at the highest level is a high pressure gig, but it also pays incredibly well. I got no sympathy.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Chasing Ambien with beer to sleep." Probably listening to a lot of Pat Travers during that stretch as well.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him the best. Too bad he was never a true Gator.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLDR. He is a pvssy. We knew it already.

Chasing ambiens w beer to forget combat deaths of your friends? I get it. Chasing ambiens w beer bc of PTSD from Saban? Sorry, no sympathy.

Last edited:

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Summary: Without Tebow, I can't make it in the SEC. Saban is going to kick my butt from now on. Time to find an easier conference.

PS: Not minimizing his mental health struggle because I don't think he faked it. The pressure got to him.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A big twat. **** him and hypocrite bible-study leader Shelley.

What excuses will flow from their sewer mouths when the wheels come off in Columbus? They've already burnt the faux mental health problem card.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Summary: Without Tebow, I can't make it in the SEC. Saban is going to kick my butt from now on. Time to find an easier conference.

PS: Not minimizing his mental health struggle because I don't think he faked it. The pressure got to him.

Then proceeds to kick Saban's ass with his Ohio State team.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Chasing Ambien with beer to sleep." Probably listening to a lot of Pat Travers during that stretch as well.
I've got 2 comments about this and it comes from experience. However, I used G&Ts not beer.

1. I didn't lose weight.
2. It didn't help me sleep.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Then proceeds to kick Saban's ass with his Ohio State team.

Sure, but that was his problem at the time. Since then, it seems like he learned to deal with the pressure + the Big10 is an easier gig season in and season out.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've got 2 comments about this and it comes from experience. However, I used G&Ts not beer.

1. I didn't lose weight.
2. It didn't help me sleep.
Gin and tonics. Damn. I bet you could've done several stand-up routines at one of the night spots while flying on that concoction.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Ambien and alcohol do not mix. Trust me on this. I've found out the hard way. He's lucky that he had his wife to lock him down. You literally sleep walk and don't remember what you did.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
TLDR. He is a pvssy. We knew it already.

Chasing ambiens w beer to forget combat deaths of your friends? I get it. Chasing ambiens w beer bc of PTSD from Saban? Sorry, no sympathy.
This

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
A well paid hired gun, smart enough to know when to fold 'em. He was paid well for his troubles, and he left the program in dire condition as he rode off into the sunset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator