Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That would be seismic!

Would start a chain reaction..

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Texas would become immediate NC contenders. Immediate. The man is a magician.

He should demand at least 10 million a year.....and he'd get it.
Texas has deep pockets. They could absolutely afford to do that.

Can you imagine if he went there and won another national title?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure a place like Texas with its potential is intriguing to him. But, lounging around Napa Valley is pretty good, too.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Could easily see the top QB Ewers (who had committed to Texas than decommitted and went to Ohio State) flipping back over if Meyer signs.

One thing about Meyer's approach is that he doesn't neglect defense. Texas has definitely struggled on offense for most of the last decade (mirroring our own struggles), but their defense has usually been one of the better defenses in the Big 12. With the type of athletes in-state, they'll be a force if Meyer gets that train up and running since no one else in that conference plays defense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Texas would become immediate NC contenders. Immediate. The man is a magician.

He should demand at least 10 million a year.....and he'd get it.

I saw something on their board that said 7 years $84 million. The person who posted it said it was intel from 'big time boosters'. The funny thing is - they still haven't fired Herman.

Traskman

Banned
BANNED
Nov 30, 2020
I hear Texas has the best doctors for ambiguous health problems, so it’s a great place for him to restart his career a third time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now all the haters will come out. The man has been retired for years, he has a right to coach if he wants to, and he’s good for college football.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Just Texas hype. Urban’s not going there. This is equivalent to UT thinking they were getting Gruden every time they fired a coach. It’s laughable to to even contemplate. That’s Lincoln Riley’s conference. Urban knows how this works. And honestly I think he missed his opportunity at a Saban-like legacy. And I think he knows it. The SEC is forged by fire. We know that the best team in the SEC is a great team. You’re never quite sure about other conferences.
He’s gotten sentimental about UF of late. And I think he realizes the opportunity he missed. We were on a trajectory to become “Alabama.” Could you imagine 20 years of a committed Urban?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just Texas hype. Urban’s not going there. This is equivalent to UT thinking they were getting Gruden every time they fired a coach. It’s laughable to to even contemplate. That’s Lincoln Riley’s conference. Urban knows how this works. And honestly I think he missed his opportunity at a Saban-like legacy. And I think he knows it. The SEC is forged by fire. We know that the best team in the SEC is a great team. You’re never quite sure about other conferences.
He’s gotten sentimental about UF of late. And I think he realizes the opportunity he missed. We were on a trajectory to become “Alabama.” Could you imagine 20 years of a committed Urban?

No such animal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does Texas have any QBs named Burrow that Creyer could make 3rd string bc he cant run the option?

That guy sure has an eye for talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb