US Mens Soccer Beats #1 Germany

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
What a game....USA got down early, but battled back and tied it in the 1st half. 2nd half was all USA. Bobby Wood had an awesome goal for the win. What a great week, Won at #6 Netherlands and #1 Germany. Hopefully we can ride this high into the gold cup, win it and secure our spot in the confederations cup in 2017.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
These boys can play! I had the privliage to see them here in San Antonio playing Mexico. Awesome Game!!! I know it is a couple of years away, but I think this team might be the best we have had in a long while! USA USA USA!!!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No question we will be rising after the last couple games. Not only have we beaten top opponents but we have done so in a fashion that we neve previously could. This wasnt some luck game like in the past, the US outplayed and out toughed them. We have always been more physical than most teams but not more technical or cerebral, and not more mentally tough either. I think Klinsmann may be just the right guy to add those other key elements while keeping our physical play and mentality intact as well. Excited to see what is to come.

ESPN had a stat that said it took the US 28 games to win 6 on euro soil, but since then theyve won 6 in the last 14.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm hoping I recorded it, or it is available on WatchESPN....though I believe it was a FOX broadcast here. I'd very much like to watch the play.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not the first time we kicked Germany's ass. Back to back world war champs

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I turned it on when I saw Virginia's post. Immediately saw two ridiculous flops and turned it off. How can anyone watch grown men being allowed to pretend injury like a 3 year old child? It's unwatchable because of it.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n233147 said:
Not the first time we kicked Germany's ass. Back to back world war champs

101-Animal-House-quotes.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I like what Klinsmann is doing bringing in these young guys who are eager to prove themselves and are hungry. And Bradley is playing solid soccer. I hope he can stay consistent. If he continues to play these guys together they will gel into a very good team.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n233153 said:
I turned it on when I saw Virginia's post. Immediately saw two ridiculous flops and turned it off. How can anyone watch grown men being allowed to pretend injury like a 3 year old child? It's unwatchable because of it.
I thought you watched the NBA?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n233268 said:
I thought you watched the NBA?

The flops in the NBA are bad, but they pale in comparison to soccer. Grown men writhing in pain because their shoelace came untied is unrivaled in the sports world.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you dont like or arent interested in soccer then dont watch, and you dont have to post either. This is a thread about the US mens team accomplishing something significant, lets not turn it into an excuse to bemoan stuff we dont care for. Save that for muschamp threads.

Also, I played all major sports in highschool and was quite good at all of them. Football, Bball, baseball, soccer. I ran and swam as well. I will tell you first hand that the sport requiring the most mental capacity was soccer, it is very cerebral. Much more than baseball and football (unless you're the qb). Basketball is up there but soccer is the toughest mentally. And none of the other sports except for track/swimming even come close to the amount of physical and cardio endurance required to play soccer at a high level. Football and baseball are a complete joke from a stamina and endurance standpoint when compared with soccer. But im sure for those of you that just want to gripe about it, nothing I have said will matter.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n233403 said:
If you dont like or arent interested in soccer then dont watch, and you dont have to post either. This is a thread about the US mens team accomplishing something significant, lets not turn it into an excuse to bemoan stuff we dont care for. Save that for muschamp threads.

Also, I played all major sports in highschool and was quite good at all of them. Football, Bball, baseball, soccer. I ran and swam as well. I will tell you first hand that the sport requiring the most mental capacity was soccer, it is very cerebral. Much more than baseball and football (unless you're the qb). Basketball is up there but soccer is the toughest mentally. And none of the other sports except for track/swimming even come close to the amount of physical and cardio endurance required to play soccer at a high level. Football and baseball are a complete joke from a stamina and endurance standpoint when compared with soccer. But im sure for those of you that just want to gripe about it, nothing I have said will matter.
I won't deny any of that, but the flopping issue is still a giant turn-off. How the powers that be continue to allow it to go on is beyond me. You don't see it in the women's game...at least not even close to the men's.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n233403 said:

tumblr_mf20a7J8r31qejwiio1_.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n233408 said:
I won't deny any of that, but the flopping issue is still a giant turn-off. How the powers that be continue to allow it to go on is beyond me. You don't see it in the women's game...at least not even close to the men's.

Agreed, I dont like it anymore than you do. What I will say is you rarely see the US doing it. It's those candy-assed euro teams like spain and france that are the main perpetraitors. One thing about the US's style of play that I have always enjoyed is that they in fact bring a very blue collar, physical attitude to the game. It's why we always have more fouls and cards than the other team by game's end but it also makes us a bit intimidating. Some of the african teams are similar - guana is one - in their physical play. I'll fully disclose I love the sport b/c I played it and understand it in a way that a casual spectator does not. I'll also agree that flopping is awful, in any sport. But the US national team isnt guilty of much of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.