UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Unless we have definitive proof that Stricklin botched the hire after the fact, I cannot blame him for how this plays out.

1. So far we have lost out on one coach that simply selected the job that was the best fit for him.
2. I am not aware of any other misses yet so i will save my angry comments until I have a reason

If we miss out, it will be because of the overall state of the program right now and that can be blamed on only one person and his name is Jeremy. I guess these coaching candidates just don't seem to get too excited about how good our volleyball and gymnastics programs are.

This is a quote in the Tennessee article but I believe it applies completely to our program as well. This apology should be broadcast on the Gator Network with Jeremy alone at the microphone with a one way ticket to New Hampshire in his hand.

All these people are owed a huge apology. Not a “sorry we were curb-stomped by Vanderbilt / FSU / Mizzou / Georgia / Michigan” apology, but a “sorry we let this happen to our program” apology, and that must come from the Tennessee athletic department, administration, chancellor, and board of regents. The caretakers of a football tradition that was a source of pride to the entire state of Tennessee couldn’t have destroyed UT’s proud legacy any more thoroughly if they’d set out to deliberately do so.

And UT is in much worse shape that we are, and they don't have an academic side that is anywhere near close to ours.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
So your will be leaving, he surely is not.
You are right. This hire, even if botched, will not be end his job, but he will be saying buh-bye to whatever semblance of support he has now among Gator fans.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Dan Wolken‏Verified account @DanWolken
Sources: As the last 24 hours have evolved, Greg Schiano has emerged as the focus of Tennessee’s search. Vols have also been engaged with Mullen, who has been trying to wait out Florida.

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB
Bruce Feldman Retweeted Dan Wolken
Have heard something similar about #Tennessee and Schiano and that there's strong interest in him.. He's had some traction there for awhile.

Mark Schlabach‏Verified account @Mark_Schlabach
Mark Schlabach Retweeted Dan Wolken
Lines up w/ what @ClowESPN and I were hearing yesterday: Mullen and Schiano were top candidates, after UT determined it couldn't get around Matt Campbell's hefty buyout at Iowa State. Will be interesting to see if Florida goes back to Mullen if Chip Kelly and Scott Frost are out

Hopefully they go for Mullen so those rumors of him to UF will stop. Schiano isn't even an option here but he would help keep Tennessee terrible.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You are right. This hire, even if botched, will not be end his job, but he will be saying buh-bye to whatever semblance of support he has now among Gator fans.

As long as he is making good faith efforts to do what is right within our ethical and somewhat financial constraints he will have my support. Others can do as they think best, I have no issue with those that will reduce their support of our AD, it is a choice.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Schiano isn't even an option here but he would help keep Tennessee terrible.

Not that I would want him but why would he be not an option? He failed in the NFL, but had some success in college, I don't know enough perhaps someone would enlighten me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Say what you want about Schiano but he did a good job at Rutgers. There are other coaches I’d rather face off against annually than him.

Agreed. Additionally, he's been sitting up there at Ohio State the last few years learning from one of the best. And unlike Saban, Meyer actually grooms his coaches to move on and succeed (Saban doesn't care one way or the other about his castoffs). Schiano is a very good football coach and is a HUGE upgrade over their last 3 hires.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based upon recent history, I would say that the best candidate(s) would be anybody that UF does not pursue. We have the reverse Midas touch going currently.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Clearly you're still in denial. Frost is gone to Nebraska

Do you have a link to an official announcement to that effect? If you do then fine, if you don't (which I am pretty sure you don't) then you are not living in my reality.

Sure it is highly likely he will go to Nebraska, maybe 99%, but that is not being their official coach. You might be new here, I am very literal, sometimes too literal but that is me and well I am fine with that.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
At least you guy's will get Mullen. I think Mullen will do well.
We are stuck with a controlling, manipulative jerk that helps cover up the rape of children. :suicide:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
At least you guy's will get Mullen. I think Mullen will do well.
We are stuck with a controlling, manipulative jerk that helps cover up the rape of children. :suicide:

Mullen sucks and has a losing record. Im waiting to hear an official before I believe this nonsense. If he actually hires the guy, then I will say he sucks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did we really expect Stricklin to be anything but a Foley Jr?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I’m just going to say this if we hire Greg Schiano as our next head coach my options will be open to which college program I will Be donating my TIME and MONEY to. (No disrespect to GS) but if UT leaders don’t take football serious then I will find the program that will!!!

—-Albert Haynesworth tweet

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
In my life I have never seen anything like the last 3 hours. No way this deal gets done. Currie may be finished as well. Complete and utter incompetence.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
In my life I have never seen anything like the last 3 hours. No way this deal gets done. Currie may be finished as well. Complete and utter incompetence.

This is were we are in life.... I'm not convinced schiano saw anything, but everyone in that program at the time is suspect.

Urban will cut him loose immediately and he will never coach in college again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.