UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to see Gundy talk. Insane if they pull it off. There's claims UF offered Gundy before Mullen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jason Witten already publicly shot down that report and says he isn't going anywhere.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to see Gundy talk. Insane if they pull it off. There's claims UF offered Gundy before Mullen.

Gundy is a consistent under performer. He always loses a game or two to teams he shouldn't. He would get destroyed in the SEC.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
McQueary said another coach mentioned that Schiano may have seen something years earlier. The other coach flat out denied ever saying it and Schiano denied having any knowledge. Again, what did he do wrong?
Probably nothing, but like I said people tend to have a very low bar when it comes to child rape. Public perception and pressure is not a courtroom.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you've got to admit, he does check all of the Tennersee hair boxes. Give him a guitar and a slutty attention craving daughter and you've got Billy Ray Cyrus.

624402538.jpg.0.jpg

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
If I were Tee Martin, I'd take a smaller gig before drowning in that dumpster fire in Knoxville. Taking that job could kill his career.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Guess I'll never understand it, a kid committing to Mac and moving on when he's gone.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Well, you've got to admit, he does check all of the Tennersee hair boxes. Give him a guitar and a slutty attention craving daughter and you've got Billy Ray Cyrus.

624402538.jpg.0.jpg
I told a Vol fan buddy of mine on Facebook this morning that Gundy would fit right in with that mullet, he just needs to pull 90% of his teeth and marry his stepsister, then the cycle will be complete.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
By backing out, they implied that he was indeed dirty.

It's my understanding Davenport did not sign the MOU. I'm not an expert on all this but what I'm told the MOU required 4 signatures to be valid.
As for the defamation, UT officials and representatives were on board with the hire. It was the masses on twitter and fans at the stadium that were slandering him over the child rape stuff. I even made a comment. I'm far from an attorney but I don't see where he can sue for defamation. Someone that knows more can help me here. Can Schiano sue me for my comment?:fear:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If UT manages to get Gundy under these circumstances it will be a grand slam hire. He's a second tier coach, and I thought they were looking at a fourth tier at best after the Schiano debacle.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
If UT manages to get Gundy under these circumstances it will be a grand slam hire. He's a second tier coach, and I thought they were looking at a fourth tier at best after the Schiano debacle.

I would agree with this. 6+ mil a year is a strong incentive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.