Vandy at UF Baseball on SEC Network

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good guys up 1-0 bottom of the 4th.

Speedster Buddy Reed hits into double play, lands on the first base bag funny and looks like he may have hurt himself. Walked off unaided. Hope he's ok.

I have high hopes for this team.

Alex.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Slimebaum was on from Mckethan all afternoon, had Mac and Foley on.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reed stayed in the game.:fistbump:
I was worried the way he limped to the dugout.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I am at work so please keep up with the updates...just saw where the Lady Softball team lost to Burn

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators rallied in the 7th to go up 4-2
Logan Shore is going into the 9th giving up only 6 hits. He's a machine.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the Shore, Puk, Faedo weekend rotation for the regular season, where the key is to win the series. But come the post season double elimination tournaments, does Sully move Faedo into the 2 spot? Faedo has been clearly more reliable than Puk. It's so important to win the first two in those double elimination formats. I'd be ok with the current order for the super regional, which is best 2 of 3.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anybody know who the new analyst is for baseball on the SEC Network?

Ben McDonald is fantastic but the new guy is a complete moron.
Case in point, a week or so back he was commenting on the fact that SCarolina was one game ahead of UF in the SEC East standings but yet UF was ranked ahead of them. He said he could not understand that at all as if to suggest that UF did not deserve the top ranking.
I am not paid to follow the game but the answer lies in the out of conference schedule to include UF's success against FSU and Miami. Anyone with ANY knowledge of the game knows that.
How do you get a job at the network without having a baseline knowledge of the game?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Puk had a good outing...but they got waxed today. The bats need to wake up or this team will be just like the others that have gotten to the post-season.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Puk had a good outing...but they got waxed today. The bats need to wake up or this team will be just like the others that have gotten to the post-season.
Vandy's Wright was on fire and very efficient with his pitch count. Even the best teams can get beat. The Gators had outscored the opponents 97-41 in the last 15 games before yesterday, against very tough competition. I'm more worried about Alonzo's hand. We need him in the post season.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Good thing we took 2 of 3 from them with one more series left till the SEC Tournament. I couldn't watch the games this weekend due to work (still here), but how is Alonso? I heard he was hit by a pitch on his hand, and he didn't play Saturday or Sunday. Was that precaution or what? I see that Reed played today after sitting out Saturday, so that is good. We need to stay healthy so we can bring home our first NC in Baseball and make another Gator Slam when we bring home the Softball NC as well.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alonso is out with fracture until regional play. Reed is fine.

Three at the Corndogs to close out the season. It would be nice to go out there and win two.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Great game today! 13 hits and 10 runs! We win 2 out of 3 against those arrogant F's!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seemed to me, for the series, Vandy pitchers hit-injured an inordinate # of our stars ?
Our best base runner, Reed, got hit in the leg. Best hitter Alonso hit in the hand = broken.
Another, catcher, got hit in the knee. Were there any more HBPs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator