Vehicle Protection Plans

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I would definitely want a service plan on a R8 as well. They look like a massive money pit.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's so 2015.
Ok, why not this?
2016-porsche-918-spyder-jay-lenos-garage.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have enough ways to describe how effed up these trade negotiations have gotten. I'll follow up in due time.

Re warranty plans, I'm finding Carchex has cornered the market by buying out a number of companies including Fidelity, and yet I get better quotes from Fidelity. BTW, these warranty people are rapidly becoming infamous for giving out erroneous information on what is covered and what is not. I have a lot to say on the subject.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't have enough ways to describe how effed up these trade negotiations have gotten. I'll follow up in due time.

Re warranty plans, I'm finding Carchex has cornered the market by buying out a number of companies including Fidelity, and yet I get better quotes from Fidelity. BTW, these warranty people are rapidly becoming infamous for giving out erroneous information on what is covered and what is not. I have a lot to say on the subject.
If it doesn't feel right don't do it....If it does drive the wheels off that bad ass mofo ;)
78 in this world of sh!tty service and all sorts of individual dumbassery don't be surprised when even those who are supposed to know don't....When I bought my Shelby from a Ford dealer they made me sign a waiver saying I would take the car with an open recall because there was "no remedy" for the recall. I knew better and had already investigated the issue...it's being taken care of tomorrow morning by another local dealer. Same thing happened with a brake recall on my 2015 GT. I had to tell the service department what the TSB number was so they could look it up....Your best bet to getting to the bottom of this is to get on an Audi forum and do a search on the topic. I would also find a shop that specializes in tuning/servicing these cars. I am taking my Shelby to Ford for a recall BUT will never take it to one for actual work since it out of factory warranty and the dingleberries there wouldn't know what to do with it anyway...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Another way to solve the issue is to stop buying German cars. Buy the new NSX and be done with it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have good taste in cars, Ox. The NSX is a great car and priced thusly at 191k.

Fact is, the R8 is made like a tank. The magnetic ride struts are its Achilles' heel. They tend to leak prematurely. Guys are replacing them on pre-owneds with conventional struts and having zero problems. The main thing with a car like this is the motor and and how it restricts access. If the AC compressor goes bad, you have to remove the motor to get to it. Hence why you want an extended warranty plan.

The Audi parts guy who said you can't replace just the clutch plates in the R Tronic didn't know what he was talking about. You can and at a fraction of the cost. I've been fed misinformation left and right.

@ G2: Turns out Fidelity is now a Carchex company and underwrites through Royal, so you're getting essentially the same coverage and cost as Carchex or Warranty Group.
The industry has gone through a consolidation.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Audi parts guy who said you can't replace just the clutch plates in the R Tronic didn't know what he was talking about. You can and at a fraction of the cost. I've been fed misinformation left and right.

I'm not surprised at all.

@ G2: Turns out Fidelity is now a Carchex company and underwrites through Royal, so you're getting essentially the same coverage and cost as Carchex or Warranty Group.
The industry has gone through a consolidation.
Not what I want to wanted to hear but it isn't surprising with how the industry works.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Audi manufactures vehicles in seven plants around the world, some of which are shared with other VW Group marques[40]although many sub-assemblies such as engines and transmissions are manufactured within other Volkswagen Group plants.

Glorified Volkswagen.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
:lol2: Don't feel bad I had to correct the service advisor at the dealership when I went in last week for my airbag recall. I told him that the oil level was high because the dipsh!ts where I bought the car put in 8 quarts when the 5.4 in the car only takes 7 plus it was the wrong oil. He told me I didn't need an oil change after only a few hundreds miles....I said change the oil! When he called me to pay the ticket he sheepishly said "you were right about the oil", 7 quarts and different oil for a supercharged 5.4......Forums will be you're best source of truth on a specific car like this, believe it or not.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Audi manufactures vehicles in seven plants around the world, some of which are shared with other VW Group marques[40]although many sub-assemblies such as engines and transmissions are manufactured within other Volkswagen Group plants.

Glorified Volkswagen.....

Coincidentally, out of that same glorified VW scrap heap comes Lamborghini and Porsche.

You know what they say about buying buying the most expensive home on the block.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coincidentally, out of that same glorified VW scrap heap comes Lamborghini and Porsche.

You know what they say about buying buying the most expensive home on the block.
Seems I heard that the R8 is built almost the same as the Lambo Huracan as far as chassis goes? If so what other similar pieces do they share, engine, tranny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.