Venting Thread: Billy is proud of Kirby

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll say this. Again, just for some balance here. Watch the Saban press conference after our SECCG win in 2008. Says we’re a great team, and he hopes we go on to win the National Championship.

He then spent the next year studying our every move, dead set on revenge, and got it.

We wouldn’t go 15-0 if we played Vandy every week bro . I admire your optimism but we have all seen this movie before and it doesn’t end with any trophy or crystal football . It’s not happening with this guy .

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We wouldn’t go 15-0 if we played Vandy every week bro . I admire your optimism but we have all seen this movie before and it doesn’t end with any trophy or crystal football . It’s not happening with this guy .

I don’t entirely disagree. I hear Stoops talking after the beating tonight and it’s funny to hear anyone talk about the possession game anymore. I hope BN takes note.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t entirely disagree. I hear Stoops talking after the beating tonight and it’s funny to hear anyone talk about the possession game anymore. I hope BN takes note.
My one criticism of BN so far has been his offensive philosophy. Have no issues with his leadership, recruiting, program building, anything. Except his archaic passing game structure. I still believe the defense will rebound next year but I’m less than convinced that this offensive style will lead us anywhere of note in this day and age.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll say this. Again, just for some balance here. Watch the Saban press conference after our SECCG win in 2008. Says we’re a great team, and he hopes we go on to win the National Championship.

He then spent the next year studying our every move, dead set on revenge, and got it.
And we never recovered from that 2009 ass whooping. We've been trying to replicate his program ever since. You reckon Pete golding is next? Assuming that he's sobered up.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Spurrier said some nice things about dooley. Of course he did just pass away yesterday, but still surprised the HBC said something publicly that was gracious towards one of the most hated dogs in history.

Sometimes coaching circles don't operate quite the same as the fanbases, even though I have trouble understanding that, too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Spurrier said some nice things about dooley. Of course he did just pass away yesterday, but still surprised the HBC said something publicly that was gracious towards one of the most hated dogs in history.

Sometimes coaching circles don't operate quite the same as the fanbases, even though I have trouble understanding that, too.

1667101941378.gif

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve actually felt his press conferences have been infinitely more genuine than any coach in recent memory.

This isn’t directed at you but the entire fan base needs to take a giant deep breath and wait until AT LEAST the end of year two to start to call for his head. We sound like morons rn.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Patty cakes wasn’t dreadful tonight . A lot of their rushing yards were from quality blocking by probably the best OL we will face . Even got some turnovers . Still a dreadful job overall . Shame it took a half of football to wake up and smell the coffee. Every snap has to be taken with a sense of urgency in a game like this . The refusing to work the officials happens time and time again . The late hits can’t be tolerated .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve actually felt his press conferences have been infinitely more genuine than any coach in recent memory.

This isn’t directed at you but the entire fan base needs to take a giant deep breath and wait until AT LEAST the end of year two to start to call for his head. We sound like morons rn.

Nobody is calling for him to be fired (well maybe a couple people). We are asking him to be better and find an OC.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If he is going to succeed here this is a must. His offense is as unimaginative and ineffective as any of Muschamp's.

I still think he makes more wholesale changes if AR wasn’t from Gville, and we’d get at least a fair look at his offense. I’ve been as tough on BN as anyone here, but he was put in a tricky spot. Everyone assumes, for some odd reason, that a kid with exactly 2 other SEC offers(uga, VU) has to be great and it’s everyone around him that’s the problem.

To be clear, I’d still be ok with some changes on offense. I just think it goes beyond that.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
We've been trying to replicate his program ever since.
I wish we tried to replicate Meyers program (or spurrier ideally). Instead we’ve been trying to replicate Bama’s program that beat us for 12+ years instead of leaning in to what we should be conceptually. In the meantime, Bama and everyone else moved past us as we chased 2008 Bama for the last decade.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yet again, Gatorchatter provides a valuable community service. This venting thread allowed the angry among us to get it all out, to vent in a safe manner. Without it, we could have been looking at several people waking up from a drunken haze in orange jump suits this morning, with their wives nursing a black eye, thousands of dollars in personal property damage, and a dead pet.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BN isn’t going anywhere for at least several years. He’s done many positive things along with some head scratchers. Let’s hope he makes the necessary adjustments/moves in the off season. If he does, he might make it. If not, he’ll suffer the same fate as the last 3 morons. I’m pulling for him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yet again, Gatorchatter provides a valuable community service. This venting thread allowed the angry among us to get it all out, to vent in a safe manner. Without it, we could have been looking at several people waking up from a drunken haze in orange jump suits this morning, with their wives nursing a black eye, thousands of dollars in personal property damage, and a dead pet.
Thanks Ox. GC keeps giving back, my family thanks you. Rough day/night on this board yesterday.

Waking up this am.

The Affair Wtf GIF by Sky

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator