Very Basic Home Repair Help

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turns out that my first adjustment, two turns to raise the on/off pressures by 5 lbs did the trick. If I’d had Google 30 years ago, I might still be doing electrical and other repairs instead of fighting younguns!
Very good but I'm surprised that there was so little differential on a new switch. You do have the switch on a tank? Yeah you mentioned a bladder. The tank sounds waterlogged.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very good but I'm surprised that there was so little differential on a new switch. You do have the switch on a tank? Yeah you mentioned a bladder. The tank sounds waterlogged.
I replaced it where it was originally installed, on the side of the pump which is in very close proximity to the tank. New switch was a 30/50. I recall most of the ones I replaced were on the tanks and the pumps were larger and submersible. Most were 220/240 V. The one up here is a 110/120 1 hp. I actually think this might be the first above ground pump I’ve ever dealt with other than wiring in the electric for a hot tub one time. I think you are probably right about the waterlogged bladder. That’ll come up somewhere down the line.

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
Had an issue with my well where the direct burial wire shorted out underground so it wasn’t drawing the full 30 amps to kick on (also melted the points on my pressure switch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.