Video on Mullen from MSU Perspective

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but even the minute and a half clip I did watch, it’s obvious Dan Mullen’s never going to change

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Old fuchsing news. Some of us said this from day one. Others thought he would be different. We have the same Dorky Dan that’s been around for years

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Probably the number one reason why MuLLLLLLLenzez is so terrible at recruiting. Any talented player will look elsewhere where they have a chance to start if they deserve to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably the number one reason why MuLLLLLLLenzez is so terrible at recruiting. Any talented player will look elsewhere where they have a chance to start if they deserve to.
Well... the terrible scheme is the first reason.

No receiver or back wants to come here and watch the QB be the only player that matters and cost themselves millions bc they have no production to show the nfl.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019

This tells it all. By the end of the video you can tell Mullen is completely out of juice, has no answers for how to right the ship and has the look of a defeated human being if I've ever seen one.

The only way this program has a sliver of hope to have some life come back into it is IF names AR the starter for the rest of the year and IF he actually tries to help him out scheme wise or decides to make it as hard as possible.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

This tells it all. By the end of the video you can tell Mullen is completely out of juice, has no answers for how to right the ship and has the look of a defeated human being if I've ever seen one.

The only way this program has a sliver of hope to have some life come back into it is IF names AR the starter for the rest of the year and IF he actually tries to help him out scheme wise or decides to make it as hard as possible.

What am I missing here? I have heard (read) all season long that Gator fans want to have AR as the starter at QB. I definitely understand that because he is perceived by the fans as being the better QB that he should get more snaps/starts. But only those people who are at practice every day and see how he works/practices knows for sure. In the original post of this thread, the guy states matter of fact that Mullen is dedicated to playing the players who earn the snaps in practice. I would venture to guess that not a single fan from this message board has sat and watched a single practice session (Spring game, which is technically a practice doesn't count). If I am right about that, then no one here knows for a fact how hard AR practices or how much effort he puts into it day in and day out. Is AR a talented QB? Most likely. Is he a very good athlete? I'm sure he is. But I doubt that anyone here knows for sure how he works on or off the field in order to try and get game snaps except for the coaches who are with him every day.

If AR isn't putting in the effort that Mullen expects in order to get the snaps then the issue may not be athleticism as much as discipline. It could be that Mullen made an error in judgement of AR's character when he was evaluating and recruiting AR. I personally have no idea and neither do anyone else here I suspect.

Again, help me see what I'm missing here.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I fell like this is a sincere question and I'll try to reply as sincere as possible because its a fair question and one we have all asked since the Trask fiasco.

First you are assuming that Mullen will base his play time based on the fact that the better a player performs in practice, the more chance he will have to start. This is the error at heart. I posted a quote from EJ in another thread that basically what mullen looks for is that you will follow his gameplan and suppress your natural athleticism.

Second, we know from when Trask was here that he came in his first game after Franks went down and never looked back. This was a kid sidelined for years! You can't convince me that he wasn't as developed in practice otherwise he would have looked rusty and unprepeared during games.

None of that addresses your main point, has anyone seen practice. I believe that Tebow at the begining of the season saw AP practice and his quotes are online of what he saw. Also another former player saw practices and said much the same thing.

So for me taking what I know of the trask/franks fiasco, what EJ stated and adding to it the verification of tebow and others I logically conclude that with mullen the way you practice does not immediatly lead to play time but rather your unwavering commmitment to his game plan. After all, Dan Mullen is the smartest guy in all of college football.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I fell like this is a sincere question and I'll try to reply as sincere as possible because its a fair question and one we have all asked since the Trask fiasco.

First you are assuming that Mullen will base his play time based on the fact that the better a player performs in practice, the more chance he will have to start. This is the error at heart. I posted a quote from EJ in another thread that basically what mullen looks for is that you will follow his gameplan and suppress your natural athleticism.

Second, we know from when Trask was here that he came in his first game after Franks went down and never looked back. This was a kid sidelined for years! You can't convince me that he wasn't as developed in practice otherwise he would have looked rusty and unprepeared during games.

None of that addresses your main point, has anyone seen practice. I believe that Tebow at the begining of the season saw AP practice and his quotes are online of what he saw. Also another former player saw practices and said much the same thing.

So for me taking what I know of the trask/franks fiasco, what EJ stated and adding to it the verification of tebow and others I logically conclude that with mullen the way you practice does not immediatly lead to play time but rather your unwavering commmitment to his game plan. After all, Dan Mullen is the smartest guy in all of college football.
Fair enough, and thanks for the explanation. It does make me wonder though, how does Mullen decide that EJ is more committed to the game plan than AR or any of the other QB's on the team? How does he determine the same for every other player as well?

Also, if AR gives off some weird vibe that tells Mullen that he isn't committed to the particular game plan then it makes me wonder if Mullen has pulled AR into his office for a sit-down conversation about that. I mean, if I were a head football coach and saw a player with obviously more skills and talent than my starter but he just wasn't committed to the game plan then I would want to know why. I would also want the player to know that he needs to do more in the area of exhibiting his commitment in order to get more snaps in games. Skill and talent are great but maybe this lack of commitment is telling him that AR might actually be detrimental to the team as a whole? Maybe he tends to ad lib in practice more than he really should? I don't know...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
What are you missing? You are a moron, that is what you are missing.
Haha.

200w.gif

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019

My friend you are a lot of things but FUNNY is definitely not one of them. I'm going to refrain from all the colorful words that come to mind when I read your first post and take the high road. However, HAVE YOU WATCHED ANY OF THE GATOR GAMES THIS YEAR? DO YOU HAVE AN OPTOMETRIST? Those are serious questions.

Is AR a talented QB? Most likely. Is he a very good athlete? I'm sure he is.
Based on these statements alone, I'm going to ASSUME (trust me, I know what it does) you haven't watched any Gator game this year or if you have, you must turn the channel or get up and walk off when AR comes in.

I was going to make a long thoughtful and detailed post but there is a high probability it would be a lost cause, kind of like AR's 28 points against LSU. But, I'm sure you missed that and only seen his 2 interceptions and 3 straight run plays into the teeth of the defense drive.

Unfortunately your brain is able to go places only us peasants could ever dream of. You're just on another level intellectually. Hang on a minute....................is that you Dan?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough, and thanks for the explanation. It does make me wonder though, how does Mullen decide that EJ is more committed to the game plan than AR or any of the other QB's on the team? How does he determine the same for every other player as well?

Also, if AR gives off some weird vibe that tells Mullen that he isn't committed to the particular game plan then it makes me wonder if Mullen has pulled AR into his office for a sit-down conversation about that. I mean, if I were a head football coach and saw a player with obviously more skills and talent than my starter but he just wasn't committed to the game plan then I would want to know why. I would also want the player to know that he needs to do more in the area of exhibiting his commitment in order to get more snaps in games. Skill and talent are great but maybe this lack of commitment is telling him that AR might actually be detrimental to the team as a whole? Maybe he tends to ad lib in practice more than he really should? I don't know...

See that's the thing, you're being reasonable. Dan mullen is really a social misfit with poor people skills. I actually like Dan Mullen but have since given him a vote of no confidence. He wants you too think something is wrong with AR but he's trying to break AR down to get him compliant under the assumption that Dan Mullen can build him back up but that remains to be seen.

By all account, AR is a good kid and known in the community. Hes not some renegade rebel that Mullen has to remold.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

At the 2:00 mark he starts to say "Recruit better".

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
At the 2:00 mark he starts to say "Recruit better".

Yeah I heard it but double checked the comment section to see if I was crazy. Dan doesn't need to recruit better, he has his own rating system remember but nobody asks him what he thinks for some reason. Weird. Lmao and we are stuck with this phuck stick for at least another season. Meanwhile Kirby SMART just causally added two more 5 star DL. Who needs those when you have five 190lb linebackers on defense setting records....................................for the opposing team:bwahaha:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but even the minute and a half clip I did watch, it’s obvious Dan Mullen’s never going to change

Why wouldn't a coach use what he saw in practice to determine starters? That's not the issue here. The issue is that he uses time in the program, seniority, to determine starters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't a coach use what he saw in practice to determine starters? That's not the issue here. The issue is that he uses time in the program, seniority, to determine starters.
or he's unable to accurately assess his football players in practice and in games.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I mean, listen, we talkin about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game. We talking about practice, not, not…not a game.

Who care how he looks in practice? Dude brings it when the lights are on. That’s all that matters.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
What am I missing here? I have heard (read) all season long that Gator fans want to have AR as the starter at QB. I definitely understand that because he is perceived by the fans as being the better QB that he should get more snaps/starts. But only those people who are at practice every day and see how he works/practices knows for sure. In the original post of this thread, the guy states matter of fact that Mullen is dedicated to playing the players who earn the snaps in practice. I would venture to guess that not a single fan from this message board has sat and watched a single practice session (Spring game, which is technically a practice doesn't count). If I am right about that, then no one here knows for a fact how hard AR practices or how much effort he puts into it day in and day out. Is AR a talented QB? Most likely. Is he a very good athlete? I'm sure he is. But I doubt that anyone here knows for sure how he works on or off the field in order to try and get game snaps except for the coaches who are with him every day.

If AR isn't putting in the effort that Mullen expects in order to get the snaps then the issue may not be athleticism as much as discipline. It could be that Mullen made an error in judgement of AR's character when he was evaluating and recruiting AR. I personally have no idea and neither do anyone else here I suspect.

Here is the most serious answer I can come up with for this post. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator