Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Image1545935282.642809.jpg

I decided to give the platinum a shot at Detroit’s recommendation. It’s very good and in my opinion a better buy than the gold due to the size of the bottle . Give it a shot cover 2 . I had some family in town for Christmas and we all enjoyed it. Really good with tonic , but maybe even better with cranberry.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I decided to give the platinum a shot at Detroit’s recommendation. It’s very good and in my opinion a better buy than the gold due to the size of the bottle . Give it a shot cover 2 . I had some family in town for Christmas and we all enjoyed it. Really good with tonic , but maybe even better with cranberry.
Just remember, the "base" Russian Standard and the "platinum" are basically the same, the platinum just has more distilling/filters. The difference with Gold is the flavorings... it's not that it's "mid-grade," but I completely agree on the price as it only comes in the smaller bottle. Even with the base RS, why on earth would you pay $18 for a 750ml bottle when the 1.75L bottle is only $24?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 12769

Thanks GB. Even the bottle says high test! Funny thing, I opened the thread and tried to read your post without my glasses and first thought that in the photo you had the Russian Standard sitting by a pack of hotdogs in the fridge! I'm thinking I must not be the only hillbilly with class. Then I put my glasses on and realized that I am.

Good endorsement from you and all the Chatter guys. Got lots of ideas to try.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks GB. Even the bottle says high test! Funny thing, I opened the thread and tried to read your post without my glasses and first thought that in the photo you had the Russian Standard sitting by a pack of hotdogs in the fridge! I'm thinking I must not be the only hillbilly with class. Then I put my glasses on and realized that I am.

Hahahaha my two year old loves tater tots . I don’t eat that mess.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Wheatley Vodka is a sleeper. Smooth at room temp. 10x distilled

I keep a handle of vodka in the freezer. Currently it’s Finlandia. Deep Eddy is supposed to be a bargain buy. Just stay away from plastic bottles

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Wheatley Vodka is a sleeper. Smooth at room temp. 10x distilled

I keep a handle of vodka in the freezer. Currently it’s Finlandia. Deep Eddy is supposed to be a bargain buy. Just stay away from plastic bottles
Curious, is the plastic thing a taste thing or an off-gasing causes cancer thing for you?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Another vote here for Grey Goose. The GF drinks vodka martinis all the time and won't touch anything but Goose. Her mom is the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb