Warning from a Bama fan

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you steal JMac from us, can you at least take TRex, Law, Kev, and TAG with you? They love him so much, I hate to see them have to live without him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you steal JMac from us, can you at least take TRex, Law, Kev, and TAG with you? They love him so much, I hate to see them have to live without him.

Legends following a legend ... how could Bama be so lucky ?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
LOL.

I remember message boards starting threads like this wondering if Texas would come after Muschamp....we saw how that ended.

I like McElwain a lot. But the jury is still out on him. Let him win something first....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL.

I remember message boards starting threads like this wondering if Texas would come after Muschamp....we saw how that ended.

I like McElwain a lot. But the jury is still out on him. Let him win something first....

Cause winning the SEC East in his first year, after winning nothing but snickers and giggles from our opponents for the past few years doesn't count, right?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LOL.

Right BMF. I'm sure any headhunters will wait until Mac has an undeniable stellar record-string of big victories.
Still, all that counts is my plan. I plan for Mac to be the new continuous Spurrier... and it includes Spurrier right
there with Mac and us all. Go Gators real soon ! :)

PS> Monumental POV = This is our inaugural McSpurrier GatorNation. :bwahaha:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Bama folks aren't the only ones saying Mac will go there when Satan retires. I've heard this from sources closer to UF but didn't want to play Debbie Downer by throwing it out there.

Mac bailing after six or seven years if they come calling will reinforce the notion that we are forever second banana to Bammer and that makes me want to puke.:puke:

above posters are right: following a legend is usually a losing proposition but he has a history there so....

in the meantime, I hope he kicks as much SEC Eastern and Western Division butt as possible - with regular beatings of FSUcks and UM included.

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
Bama folks aren't the only ones saying Mac will go there when Satan retires. I've heard this from sources closer to UF but didn't want to play Debbie Downer by throwing it out there.
This Bama fan is the real deal too. Played basketball for them in the 70s.....knows lots of folks. Not the typical Wallyworld t-shirt Bama fan. I see this as a heck of a compliment .....but we'll see.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This Bama fan is the real deal too. Played basketball for them in the 70s.....knows lots of folks. Not the typical Wallyworld t-shirt Bama fan. I see this as a heck of a compliment .....but we'll see.
Y'all don't want him. I hear he can't recruit worth a darn.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Jim McElwain earned the respect of the Alabama fans and I too take that as a compliment to Coach Mac. But UF also has been, and can return to being, a national power. Gator fans love Coach Mac. He seems to really like being the head coach at the University of Florida. So if he is super successful here, and he would have to be for Bama to come calling, I don't see him pulling up stakes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jim McElwain earned the respect of the Alabama fans and I too take that as a compliment to Coach Mac. But UF also has been, and can return to being, a national power. Gator fans love Coach Mac. He seems to really like being the head coach at the University of Florida. So if he is super successful here, and he would have to be for Bama to come calling, I don't see him pulling up stakes.
I agree. They'll have to hire someone that wants to follow Saban and that won't be anyone that's already at a top 10 gig.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what I see. Dude gets his dream job and Bammers think he's gonna leave it? Dream on Bammers. You had your chance with him and let him go.
:chomp:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cause winning the SEC East in his first year, after winning nothing but snickers and giggles from our opponents for the past few years doesn't count, right?

LOL. Let's paint it on the stadium walls and get some rings made!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I figured they were training Kiffin to take over after Saban left.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
LOL. Let's paint it on the stadium walls and get some rings made!

I don't think that was his point. Mac outperformed everyone's expectations. The end of the year was a downer, but to win the east, especially with our situation at QB and OL, should be a good indication of Mac's coaching ability.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think that was his point. Mac outperformed everyone's expectations. The end of the year was a downer, but to win the east, especially with our situation at QB and OL, should be a good indication of Mac's coaching ability.
I think people forget how bad we were expected to be entering '15. Just making a bowl game would of been an accomplishment. But after we smoked Ole Miss fresh off their win at Alabama, our expectations went through the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator