Warning: Political Takes Washington State head coach FIRED for refusing vaccine

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by oxrageous, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 2-8 in the last 10 P5 games
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $71,074
    Ratings:
    +109,304 / -7,566
    84 with so e history. Heart disease? Cancer? I forget but it was brought up when people were trying to pimp him as a candidate.

Thats what ALMOST all of the stats are, 70,80, 90 year olds.

Not so good for the argument THAT WE ARE ALL DYING IF WE DONT VAX AND WEAR MAGIC COTTON MASKS!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    • gatormandan

gatormandan Donk Killa
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,790
      Ratings:
      +13,329 / -467
      Covid stats are bogus. Period.

• Like Like x 3
      • Loony Loony x 1
      • List
      • OcalaGator83

OcalaGator83 Not Hopeful
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $468
        Ratings:
        +1,529 / -24
        I just wish there was a Safe and Effective™ vaccine against hiring terrible coaches.

• Funny Funny x 5
        • Like Like x 2
        • List
        • Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member
          Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
          $9,011
          Ratings:
          +11,147 / -977
          Powell was dying of multiple myeloma (cancer) when covid got him first. In this he is like many covid victims.

• Oklahoma Gator

Oklahoma Gator Well-Known Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,197
            Ratings:
            +2,364 / -61
            Just like everyone who appears on CNN, you’ve skipped right over NATURAL IMMUNITY. It’s nearly scientifically proven to be better than vax induced immunity. Also the vax seems to wain in 4 to 6 months but yeah sure your employer or the government should have a call in what you put in your body? Also while we’re at it, let’s make the unvaxed wear little pieces of flair on their arms So everyone knows who’s unclean.

• Like Like x 3
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • List
            • gatormandan

gatormandan Donk Killa
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $6,790
              Ratings:
              +13,329 / -467
              My view? Not that anyone cares. The vaccine causes more harm than good. It has not been properly tested and will likely cause much more serious harm than good. Just wait and see.

• Like Like x 5
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Loony Loony x 1
              • List
              • bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $7,889
                Ratings:
                +17,470 / -138
                One thing is for certain, this “virus” has really warped reality for a huge portion of the population

• soflagator

soflagator Senior Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $26,150
                  Ratings:
                  +43,096 / -423
                  I think the problem from day one has been the way the whole thing has been portrayed. I think it invited people to resist and disbelieve. From the pictures of the hospital in NY(or the worst village in Italy, oops) to some of the numbers reporting, it's completely killed any chance for most to have a balanced view as you just posted.

I'm not some Faucci hater per se, but I really think his time has come and gone in the whole matter. He's simply not helping the situation at all any longer. I saw a quote taken from him on NBC a few weeks back discussing the college football games(UF was actually mentioned) with packed houses, and paraphrasing Reid says something like that's going to be a Covid feast, to which he responds with, "yeah that was unfortunate to see". Really? Seeing people taking a few hours out of their lives which have been turned upside down for approaching two years, to enjoy a game and get back some semblance of normalcy is "unfortunate to see" for you? Add that to the weekly blessings, or no blessings on what people can and cannot do("you can go enjoy trick-or-treating") and it's enough already. I get that there may have been a place for him early on. But at this point, he's only feeding the narrative of this being strictly about control and power, namely his own. I'd much rather hear your take on the subject than his. Guy needs to be gone more than Mullen.

• Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $12,848
                    Ratings:
                    +15,489 / -262
                    Wow. Now that’s some strong talk right there.

• ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $11,594
                    Ratings:
                    +13,245 / -866
                    lol, where to start...
                    First, pretending like anything I'm saying has anything to do with media is stupid and just shows you know you can't really back up what you're saying.The far rights screaming "fake media" as they run away from reality is as stupid as the far lefts wearing masks in their car alone.

Your argument is that the vax doesnt help, but an n=1 with no control can't show that. I'd normally try to be polite, but since you just called someone else retarded...not understanding that is idiotic. Like middle school level stupidity. In order for your argument to have any ground, you'd need to be have a comp. It's like saying AR didnt win the game so he's not better than EJ. That's stupid, bc you're not factoring in that mullen is covid and is gonna kill both the bad and the good sometimes. But if you exanded the study and AR won a game that EJ likely wouldn't have, the AR worked.

If you could read, you'd see that I clearly am against a vac mandate. I also spent part of my morning trying to get an ex-athlete a medical exemption. Not bc they necessarily qualify; I'm just opposed to anyone getting forced into this if they have concerns, bc I don't think it's mandatory.
                    That's literally what I asked for the %s of. Are you trolling or drunk?
                    This is basically how science theory looks for every novel virus ever. You're just seeing something like this from the comfort of your bunker from for the first time and screaming how it's all a conspiracy.
                    lol, how many people, vaxed or not, do you know that got it and got hospitalized? Do you live in a nursing home?!

• Like Like x 2
                    • Stoned Stoned x 1
                    • List
                    • Gator98MD

Gator98MD Senior Member
                      Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,216
                      Ratings:
                      +2,447 / -71
                      I agree that fauci has become overexposed so I haven’t paid attention to him in over a year. I listen to and respect the former FDA director Scott Gottliebs opinion and yes I know he’s on the Board at Pfizer, but he’s also public health trained and has pretty much been spot on the whole time.

• ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $11,594
                        Ratings:
                        +13,245 / -866
                        I'm not sure the vaccine has caused more harm (is your theory that it will act different than most other mRNA vaccines?); how our govt has handled covid in general, especially regarding the vaccine has caused a crazy amount of harm. Unfortunately, and I'm not trying to single you out here, they were so full of shlt early that very few still trust them, which then makes it hard to get info on the vaccine if you don't use PubMed.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 2-8 in the last 10 P5 games
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $71,074
                          Ratings:
                          +109,304 / -7,566
                          Died of covid related symptoms...

uh huh

• Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $12,848
                            Ratings:
                            +15,489 / -262
                            I gave you the like for this point. It is truly nauseating how this issue has been used to divide people.

• Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $14,692
                            Ratings:
                            +28,694 / -554
                            Father in law, fully vaxxed, hospitalized, recovered. Wife's aunt, fully vaxxed, hospitalized, died after 3 weeks in ICU. Im DoD so my work pool is large, but there are some who were vaxxed and hospitalized that I know personally or are familiar with.

Someone posted earlier that 90% of ER COVID patients are vaxxed which means 10% aren't. That is the point. Cuuf made a retarded post with a retarded universal statement conveying that vaxxed eliminates hospitalization and death. We all, including you, know that's total BS and I called him on it. He's free to prove me wrong although we know he can't. He made the stupid claim, it's his job to back it up not mine to debunk it.

Anecdotal but I have an ER doc friend in the local area. During the summer Delta surge he told me that the vaxxed hospital numbers they were seeing were fluctuating between 20-30% of COVID patients. That's statistically significant. But regardless of the actual avg percent, it simply debunks this BS talking point that vaxxed equates to non hospitalization. It doesn't.

Noone including me has said vaccines don't help or shouldn't be considered. What I and many others are saying is the propoganda needs to stop. And parrots need to stop listening to it and blindly repeating it. It's just making things worse.

• Gatordiddy

Gatordiddy Engorged Member
                              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $8,184
                              Ratings:
                              +13,455 / -122
                              7E61D83B-1CC5-4CB3-93C3-6C2A06B5889F_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
                              • Loony Loony x 1
                              • List
                              • ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member
                                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $11,594
                                Ratings:
                                +13,245 / -866
                                I might have typed that novel for nothing if I just misread the initial exchange btw you two. I definitely don't agree that vaxed means no hospitilization/death and if that's what was said, it's just a stupid statement.

I'm with you on the propaganda. I argue both sides, bc the extreme propoganda is really what bugs me. Seems the Right is going toward logical right now while the Left (more govt than people I think) is going so far off that it's becoming a bad movie script.

• GatorTruth133

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                  $3,580
                                  Ratings:
                                  +4,300 / -117
                                  Political Take:
                                  1. I am 100% against Government mandates
                                  2. I am 100% against Government forcing private businesses to have mask and/or vaccine mandates, let them decide and let people decide whether they want to patronize the businesses.
                                  3. I am 100% against Government making laws banning private businesses from firing people due to the business' vaccine mandate for employees. Again, people can choose to patronize those businesses. With worker shortages, if a business wants to lower their possible employee pool or exacerbate a staffing issue, that's their call. Some businesses have backed down when they realized the intimidation policies didn't work.
                                  I'm torn how I feel about this situation. I do admire the hell out of these coaches though.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                    $7,330
                                    Ratings:
                                    +14,000 / -2,092
                                    Washington State head coach FIRED for refusing vaccine

[​IMG]
                                    the real question is "what is his record and can he recruit?

• Like Like x 1
                                    • Funny Funny x 1
                                    • List
                                    • Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                      $14,435
                                      Ratings:
                                      +26,559 / -570
                                      It is stupid to think that any vaccine would convey some sort of magical power to make an old and sick person impervious to disease. It would be equally stupid to point at an old and sick person who died even though they are vaccinated as proof that vaccines don't work.

While we have wide-ranging views on the efficacy and need for this particular vaccine, I don't really think there is much dissent on the opinion (at least on gatorchatter) that mandates are stupid. IMO they aren't just the worst form of leadership, these mandates are really the absence of leadership.

I'm glad to see that people are resisting these mandates. I think the political chickens of trying to enforce them are going to come home to roost in a big way shortly. I think you can count every single unvaccinated person and their families in the "no mandate" column, and probably a majority of the vaccinated people too.