wE GoNe BeAt bAmA!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Far be it from me to point out another moron, but the way I read that was that UF would finish 10-2 with one of those losses at LSU. then if you look under the LSU predicition, it is predicted that one of LSU's losses will be to UF. I am not a card carrying MENSA member, so maybe Lucy can 'splain that to me.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Yeah, I could see it. Emory runs around like Johnny football did against Alabama in 2012. 233 yards rushing for Emory, and a 10 year extension for Danny.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Far be it from me to point out another moron, but the way I read that was that UF would finish 10-2 with one of those losses at LSU. then if you look under the LSU predicition, it is predicted that one of LSU's losses will be to UF. I am not a card carrying MENSA member, so maybe Lucy can 'splain that to me.

They didn’t have the same sportswriter predict each team’s record, instead, they used different writers’ predictions hence the discrepancy. They should have used one guy for all teams for consistency sake.

Speaking of morons, how about the dipshyt who listed out 8 losses for Arkansas but put their numerical record at 5-7. Is he using Mullen math where he claims a loss doesn’t count because the season ended weeks prior???

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Based on those "predictions" Bama will still make the SECc and probably the NCAA final four... :bananadance2: But for the record, I ain't buying what that guy's sellin...

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They didn’t have the same sportswriter predict each team’s record, instead, they used different writers’ predictions hence the discrepancy. They should have used one guy for all teams for consistency sake.

Speaking of morons, how about the dipshyt who listed out 8 losses for Arkansas but put their numerical record at 5-7. Is he using Mullen math where he claims a loss doesn’t count because the season ended weeks prior???
This seems to be typical of the media these days, just half a$$ it all the time.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im gonna throw this out here........what did bama beat us by this year? Six? And they lost all those great players. Im gonna post right now that if Danny gets about 2/3 the talent of Satan he beats his ass. I know recruiting is the only thing that matters unless you are SOS. btw it may just be the Wild Turkey talking today...........one more thing. If they didnt have the greatest WR I ever saw in the SEC we win that game..........that mofo was the WR equvilant of Herschel Walker...........

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Im gonna throw this out here........what did bama beat us by this year? Six? And they lost all those great players. Im gonna post right now that if Danny gets about 2/3 the talent of Satan he beats his ass. I know recruiting is the only thing that matters unless you are SOS. btw it may just be the Wild Turkey talking today...........one more thing. If they didnt have the greatest WR I ever saw in the SEC we win that game..........that mofo was the WR equvilant of Herschel Walker...........

gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
that shttt NEVER gives me a headache or HO. I come from a long line of booze abusers (which I DO NOT do).......

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Grantham.

And you are a twatwaffle

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
that shttt NEVER gives me a headache or HO. I come from a long line of booze abusers (which I DO NOT do).......

Ftr, I don’t think Alabama will be invincible next year. That said, the problem with your prediction is that it’s the kind of strictly one-sided view that leads people to think they’re the only ones that improved after a spring game, or they are the only ones getting portal transfers, or returning starters. Yes, we played them tough in Atl. And yes, this Ala offense will look different than what we faced. But how many of our returning offensive starters scored a TD in that game? Give me both Kyles, Toney and Grimes, and I’d say you may be onto something. But we lost just as much firepower as they did. So that point’s moot, imo.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

coach, we also lost by only 6 after they took the foot off the gas. At the half they were up 35-17, basically took the entire 3rd quarter off, then when it became a game again put another 17 points in the 4th quarter. I know we lost by 6 points, but at any point during that game did it really feel like we were a touchdown away.

While they lost a lot, two top 10 pick at WR (only one played against us), a top 15 pick at qb, and a 1st round running back. Not to mention the defensive losses they experienced.

We also lost a generational talent at Tight End, by far the best player on the field that game. Also lost a 1st round playmaker and a heisman candidate quarterback. We also losses at OL and on defense (ok, ok stop laughing).

The one benefit is that they are changing Offensive Coordinators and we have no major changes in our staff.

Honestly, I think we have a better chance against them early in the season, but looking at track records. Do I trust Saban or Mullen to reload and be ready? We have over a decade of evidence of both.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
coach, we also lost by only 6 after they took the foot off the gas. At the half they were up 35-17, basically took the entire 3rd quarter off, then when it became a game again put another 17 points in the 4th quarter. I know we lost by 6 points, but at any point during that game did it really feel like we were a touchdown away.

While they lost a lot, two top 10 pick at WR (only one played against us), a top 15 pick at qb, and a 1st round running back. Not to mention the defensive losses they experienced.

We also lost a generational talent at Tight End, by far the best player on the field that game. Also lost a 1st round playmaker and a heisman candidate quarterback. We also losses at OL and on defense (ok, ok stop laughing).

The one benefit is that they are changing Offensive Coordinators and we have no major changes in our staff.

Honestly, I think we have a better chance against them early in the season, but looking at track records. Do I trust Saban or Mullen to reload and be ready? We have over a decade of evidence of both.

Don't really agree with the foot off the gas part personally. They went for it on 4th down on their first possession after we cut the lead to 11, and the next possession they passed 5 times. They were trying to score. I just think we came out ready to play in Q3, and had a chance, which is why I was so infuriated with how we closed the first half. But no, between that botched moment, the timeout before the 2-pt conversion at the end, and the hole we continued to put ourselves into, I never felt like we were going to win. I don't care about 6 points, or 20 points, or any feel good moment. I think we played a respectable game, and had the personnel and effort in some aspects to actually win, but didn't. That almost makes it worse, to me, than if we'd been beaten by 20+.

I'll go a step further, if we hadn't botched the uga game in '19(wristbands and TG), and had already experienced the atmosphere and pressure of Atlanta a year earlier, I wonder if things may have been differently.

In any event, we lost. And as you and I both said, our player departures are likely much more extreme in nature than Alabama's. Also agree that the timing probably favors us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't really agree with the foot off the gas part personally. They went for it on 4th down on their first possession after we cut the lead to 11, and the next possession they passed 5 times. They were trying to score. I just think we came out ready to play in Q3, and had a chance, which is why I was so infuriated with how we closed the first half. But no, between that botched moment, the timeout before the 2-pt conversion at the end, and the hole we continued to put ourselves into, I never felt like we were going to win. I don't care about 6 points, or 20 points, or any feel good moment. I think we played a respectable game, and had the personnel and effort in some aspects to actually win, but didn't. That almost makes it worse, to me, than if we'd been beaten by 20+.

I think the playcalling was there, but it felt like the Bama players assumed it was like a team like Mississippi State... they had putt in the work, in the first half and we should laid down.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think the playcalling was there, but it felt like the Bama players assumed it was like a team like Mississippi State... they had putt in the work, in the first half and we should laid down.

Fair. I just don't like taking anything away from Trask, Pitts and the other guys that I felt played out of their minds and didn't give up. Especially considering the putrid efforts their defensive counterparts displayed. Maybe the most worst of all being Stiner's "bump" into Harris rather than any attempt to tackle him at the 2 with :08 left in Q2. Very likely would've forced a FG based on time left. That makes it a 1 point game going into the 4th after Wright's TD run.

I'm reliving this whole game in my head now. Why are you trying to upset me today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.