We have a problem

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
I was working during the game this past Saturday. Found a way to not hear anything about the game to watch it on DVR when I was done. Not too hard in Alabama. Lol

So watched the game...blah blah blah. Was happy. Figured I'd check the game thread after reading the VN meltdown thread. Gotta say bro, we need two different game threads.

We got some "Fans" that are celebrating every time something bad happens. They crow all week long about how bad we are, then game day they celebrate when we do well but pick everything apartment when something doesn't go right. We start winning, oh it's just because they are a bad team though they predicted a loss or a very close Florida win. It's sickening.
As I read thru the thread, slowly the real fans dropped off and it was nothing more than the detractors bitching about everything that didn't go perfect, and passively agressivelag celebrating things that went right.
Maybe they don't remember that every Tebow pass didn't go for a TD. Or every hole wasn't opened for Taylor to run thru, or every once in a while White would let a receiver get past him for a big play.
Guess what I'm saying is a few are ruining it for the rest of us. I love this site, but even in a win, where a lot said we wouldn't, I left the game thread feeling like we lost and we're worse than we were before.
That is all

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very original, will see again!
Got me there. I'll admit, its hard to come up with stunningly original material like in your original post. You must have spent a good deal of time composing that. Well done sir.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes. I had to tape the game. Tuned in and saw Pierce run for the TD. Posted"hooray" and "how long have we waited". Then read the thread to find out how terrible everything was. What game were they watching?
I wasn't pleased with hiring cdm and remain exactly where I have always been on him. Figure he can coach and he can't recruit. But not enjoying the blow out of a rival? That's insane.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You clearly aren’t around much for game threads, or watch many games around passionate fans. I re-read the game thread just to see if I could see what you are talking about - and it’s literally 90-10 positive to negative in there, and the majority of the negatives were pointing out facts in-game.

Emotions are high during games, and people express those emotions in the game thread. When good happens, people celebrate. When bad happens, people complain. You look at ANY message board game thread and you’ll see exactly the same thing. There are always Debbie downers that can find no good, and Paulie pumpers that can find no wrong...it’s a message board. If it’s that bothersome for you, maybe message boards aren’t your thing.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I was working during the game this past Saturday. Found a way to not hear anything about the game to watch it on DVR when I was done. Not too hard in Alabama. Lol

So watched the game...blah blah blah. Was happy. Figured I'd check the game thread after reading the VN meltdown thread. Gotta say bro, we need two different game threads.

We got some "Fans" that are celebrating every time something bad happens. They crow all week long about how bad we are, then game day they celebrate when we do well but pick everything apartment when something doesn't go right. We start winning, oh it's just because they are a bad team though they predicted a loss or a very close Florida win. It's sickening.
As I read thru the thread, slowly the real fans dropped off and it was nothing more than the detractors *****ing about everything that didn't go perfect, and passively agressivelag celebrating things that went right.
Maybe they don't remember that every Tebow pass didn't go for a TD. Or every hole wasn't opened for Taylor to run thru, or every once in a while White would let a receiver get past him for a big play.
Guess what I'm saying is a few are ruining it for the rest of us. I love this site, but even in a win, where a lot said we wouldn't, I left the game thread feeling like we lost and we're worse than we were before.
That is all
So may I ask a real question without judgement? Are we not allowed to give an honest opinion on this board anymore when giving a prediction? Or do we just have to lie to please the masses?

I have been very critical of the staff this year but have also praised as well. I was very optimistic for the 1st game I predicted a 62-10 score. I had good things to say after our 1st win I was very pleased. So pleased I predicted we would blow UK out the following week. After what I saw in that game myself and most on this board was not very pleased at all with the efforts and I voiced my opinion.

Based on seeing the UK game and how the TN game has gone in recent years and how they lost to us last year on the last play I thought TN would come out aggressively and we would have to play from behind and it would get out of hand. I was wrong and admitted as much in the same thread you're talking about.

So my overall question to you and anyone else willing to answer without being a rude about it, how are we supposed to respond if we happen to pick against UF if we end up winning? Because it sounds like you're mad people admitted to being wrong.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So may I ask a real question without judgement?
No.
Are we not allowed to give an honest opinion on this board anymore when giving a prediction?
No... Yes.... Double negatives confuse me.
Or do we just have to lie to please the masses?
You, in particular, should lie.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one posts in the game thread during the game. Read the box archive if you want to really read the contemporaneous stuff.
The box is for those who want to hear themselves talk. Can’t see how anyone can have a conversation there.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The real fans are at the game and have no time to post................only the arm chair Chicos and love seat Sams
are busy with the position by position micro second critiques ...:stickpoke:

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
This forum is negative sometimes I think if I even say good throw or something I'll be attacked. Sometimes it feels like this is fsu forum or something the way the comments are . I stuck up for mullen hire and literally it was like hitler style hate if you agreed with the hire.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Every forum I’ve ever been on, on any subject, has been thus. There are always a handful of people who devote more time & interest and tend to polarize it. The difference here is that even most of the zealots recognize it isn’t serious most of the time.

But I am impressed it only took 14 posts to get to “literally Hitler” in this thread. Godwin is smiling somewhere.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So may I ask a real question without judgement? Are we not allowed to give an honest opinion on this board anymore when giving a prediction? Or do we just have to lie to please the masses?

I have been very critical of the staff this year but have also praised as well. I was very optimistic for the 1st game I predicted a 62-10 score. I had good things to say after our 1st win I was very pleased. So pleased I predicted we would blow UK out the following week. After what I saw in that game myself and most on this board was not very pleased at all with the efforts and I voiced my opinion.

Based on seeing the UK game and how the TN game has gone in recent years and how they lost to us last year on the last play I thought TN would come out aggressively and we would have to play from behind and it would get out of hand. I was wrong and admitted as much in the same thread you're talking about.

So my overall question to you and anyone else willing to answer without being a rude about it, how are we supposed to respond if we happen to pick against UF if we end up winning? Because it sounds like you're mad people admitted to being wrong.

I haven’t agreed with you about Mullen. He wasn’t on my list and I didn’t want him based mostly on my memory of him being smug and irritating when he was the OC. But I quickly saw a different guy and realized a guy can grow/develop in 9 years. Then the argument comes in how we look at his time at MSU. Most see it as an impressive stint at a perennial doormat in a backwater town. Some see it as subpar - citing their record against ranked teams etc. None of us really know what any of that means in terms of his fit at UF, but that’s why we post & argue etc.

FWIW I think you should share your honest opinion and predictions. Otherwise we’re not going to have any fun here.

I was really worried about this game as a revenge match, on the road, etc. I predicted a close win but didn’t feel confident at all. Even after the first 2 TDs I was worried the tide could shift, but our guys were playing faster & sharper. So yes, be happy your worries didn’t get realized and share your “glad to be wrong” as applies.

Example: I disagree with Traz about Mullen. But I usually benefit from his knowledge & experiences within the program, behind the curtain. If he winds up right, so be it. Just leave me room to be disappointed I was wrong. If I’m right I’ll leave him room to be happy it worked out better than he thought.

There’s no point coming to a board for aggravation.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

As I read thru the thread, slowly the real fans dropped off and it was nothing more than the detractors *****ing about everything that didn't go perfect, and passively agressivelag celebrating things that went right.
That is all
I understand your perspective. I tend to look at it from the angle that most pumpers and (in my case) semi-pumpers probably have more valuable things to do with their time than stay on a message board for prolonged periods engaged in prose competition with dumpers who, as we all know, are gonna dump. Pumpers gonna pump and then move on to play with the kids, hit some chores, pet the dog, do some yard work. You know, enjoy life.

To every thing turn, turn, turn.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're a basketball school, pretty impressive that there are still passionate football fans posting here.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014

The message board is certainly the place for that. Guess I thought after watching our Gators dismantle the hillbillies, I would come in, read the game thread and enjoy watching fellow fans celebrate as the game went on. More or less disappointed that even in a win against a hated rival, there are some that still want to mostly see negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator