We knew 1 of 2 thing would happen this year...

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and now one of them has. We were either gonna win or start a coaching search. Option 2 it is. The way the players came out in that game was the biggest indictment of Muschamp. This was an ultimatum game for their head coach and his job, and that is the effort put forth? I think they are as ready to move on as the fans are. I do think the defense played well yesterday, and applaud their toughness.

On to the coaching search. Since this is the time fans get to pretend to be ADs I will list my top 3 coaches on the wishlist. (Not necessarily attainable)
1. John Gruden- Probably not the greatest pure "coach" available but the recruiting classes would be epic, and assistants do most of the coaching anyway. This hire would lend itself to the quickest turnaround, but the long term would be questionable. If I am Foley I back up a Brink's truck to Gruden's door and try and lure him out of the booth. (gonna be tough)

2. Art Briles- What he as done at Baylor is very hard to ignore. His offense is fun, exciting, and effective (who knew that was legal?). His defenses leave a lot to be desired, but I have to believe that would change with the right defensive coordinator and the defensive recruits he would get.

3. Dan Quinn- I know, I know. A d coordinator with no HBC experience sounds a little familiar, but with hindsight being 20/20 2012 has his fingerprints all over it. The in game adjustments in 2012 on the defensive side were some of the best coaching I have ever seen. A lot of us at the time figured it was Muschamp making the calls, but the adjustments dried up when Quinn moved on. It also wouldn't hurt to have him wave his Superbowl ring at recruits. The recruits these day are all about getting "turnt up" and playing with "swag", and when they watch the Quinn led Seahawks defense that is what they see.

Bonus: Chip Kelly- This would be the dream hire, but I don't think there is any way he leaves the Eagles.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
my god I'm so sick of John Gruden's name...what has he even done other than take Tony Dungy's team and win one year with it, then run it into the ground.

We sound like Tennessee fans throwing his name out there...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
backstop13;n84421 said:
my god I'm so sick of John Gruden's name...what has he even done other than take Tony Dungy's team and win one year with it, then run it into the ground.

Well stated. Gruden is not coming to UF nor would he even be on Foley's list. The only one on this thread that may and I mean may get a look would be Briles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;WovrPXMm3LQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovrPXMm3LQ[/video]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;FQfYUKCT7hc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQfYUKCT7hc[/video]

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
backstop13;n84421 said:

He took a stagnant team and won a Superbowl. Dungy was going nowhere fast. And the reason you keep hearing his name is because 90% of college football teams would love to have him as their HBC. Like I said, probably not the best coach out there but he would bring unbelievable hype and excitement to a stagnant program, and the recruits would follow. It is a long shot to get him because he loves his current gig, but I would love to have him.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
While I like some of these I don't think we are getting any of them. One likes TV and is paid well, one likes the NFL and perhaps another as well, one is not moving to UF. You can determine which is which. I bet another lower ranked head coach from a team that has developed players and can coach in the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wuz just being smokescreeny and what not.

Butch Jones? Who the F is Butch Jones? Maybe he is an interim.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n84450 said:
I wuz just being smokescreeny and what not.

Butch Jones? Who the F is Butch Jones? Maybe he is an interim.

We're used to winning 4 conference games in 6 years!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We have zero shot at any of those three. Briles isn't leaving Baylor. I'd prefer someone that has recruited FL in the past. I say give Mullen a shot. There's no Shaq/Lebron/Luck pick. There just isn't. Freeze is home so he's not leaving either. We could have had Strong or Franklin last year and our BOZO the AD screwed it up because of his supersized ego. Depressing.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
backstop13;n84461 said:
Yeah, he went to Indy and did a lot of nothing there too...

Wait... I tought we were talking about Dungy with the Bucs? Not a completely different team with a Hall of Famer at qb. I must have been mistaken.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n84432 said:
He took a stagnant team and won a Superbowl. Dungy was going nowhere fast. And the reason you keep hearing his name is because 90% of college football teams would love to have him as their HBC. Like I said, probably not the best coach out there but he would bring unbelievable hype and excitement to a stagnant program, and the recruits would follow. It is a long shot to get him because he loves his current gig, but I would love to have him.
The recruits were 10 years old when he last coached a football game they don't know who the hell he is. And he inherited one of the best defenses of all time. We mine aswell hire Bill Callahan

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n84493 said:
The recruits were 10 years old when he last coached a football game they don't know who the hell he is. And he inherited one of the best defenses of all time. We mine aswell hire Bill Callahan

Every recruit in the country know exactly who Gruden is. You don't think every high school QB recruit doesn't aspire to be on ESPN being grilled by Gruden before the draft in that QB school show he does. Plus the fact that he is an analyst on the games. They know who he is.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
8802Gator;84501 said:
t-gator;n84493 said:
Every recruit in the country know exactly who Gruden is. You don't think every high school QB recruit doesn't aspire to be on ESPN being grilled by Gruden before the draft in that QB school show he does. Plus the fact that he is an analyst on the games. They know who he is.
Why don't we just get Dilfer as our qb coach and skip the Gruden "this kid here is the best (enter position) I've seen in a long time" dance.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gruden? Big name but would XY Quesadilla work in college?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
backstop13;n84421 said:
my god I'm so sick of John Gruden's name

I'm as sick of hearing John Gruden's name as I am of everybody wearing pink for breast cancer awareness.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt that the players don't support Muschamp. Everything I've ever heard from current players, past players and recruits is that they all really like Muschamp. Even Matt Elam went on record for him this year. The only caveat to this, might be QB transfers.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we should hire jaws I think recruits will love the way he breaks down film on nfl live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.