We need football!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can the next 19 days go fast enough? Surely hope so.

BTW love the practice updates, THANKS!! The BS reporting by the GS is nothing new. They fed a lot of useless hype last year as well. Dooley and Andreu are what you expect out of a retirement community newspaper. We get more information, insight, and point of view by the members on here than you at GS. Not to bash Zach, though. Young guy more than likely toting the line. You can almost guarantee thier site gets wayyyy less traffic than it ever did. Great job GS. You've proved what an irrelevant news source you are and we've gotten the message board we dreamed for!! Win-Win.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
sonomagator said:
Pretty much what everyone says, TG at 24/7 has a thread up where he flat out states that no way can Grier redshirt because the gap is so great. Hey DC when we gonna get more reports from your cub reporter, he beat everyone with the news that VHIII was going to be fine. :D
Sonoma, I have always thought that a true freshmen could redshirt as long as they didn't play after the 4th game or something like that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n27993 said:
Regarding Grier, I can see where the coaches want the competition to go on longer, and for Grier and the others to keep working. Barring something unpredictable happening, Grier has to be the option if Driskel goes down. Ideally, it would be great if Morningwood could get his stuff together enough that Grier could redshirt.

I understand the competition part of it however we are going into the halfway point of camp. I think I would rather have my 1 and 2 getting just about all of the reps since it's a new offense and 2 is a freshmen. I think the coaches like many of us fans know that SM is limited in what he can provide and if 1 and 2 go down like last year the coaches want to have TH's skill set to go along with SM if history repeats itself. I'm not sure anybody is getting a redshirt.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n28236 said:
I understand the competition part of it however we are going into the halfway point of camp. I think I would rather have my 1 and 2 getting just about all of the reps since it's a new offense and 2 is a freshmen. I think the coaches like many of us fans know that SM is limited in what he can provide and if 1 and 2 go down like last year the coaches want to have TH's skill set to go along with SM if history repeats itself. I'm not sure anybody is getting a redshirt.

That is a great point, even though JD is definitely the front runner, WG can eventually surpass JD with what his intangibles are. If they are 1 & 2 and go down, you combine SM with passing and TH and his running, that could make up for the loss of what JD and WG bring to the table for the most part.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ufgator2002 said:
Concrete Helmet;n28236 said:

That is a great point, even though JD is definitely the front runner, WG can eventually surpass JD with what his intangibles are. If they are 1 & 2 and go down, you combine SM with passing and TH and his running, that could make up for the loss of what JD and WG bring to the table for the most part.
It also gives us a realistic chance of competing a forward pass if they resort to using mostly wildcat packages like they did last year at the end of the year. Unlike Burton and Taylor, Harris should be able to complete a forward pass. Let's just hope that it doesn't come to this, but as last year taught us you never know.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I only saw a little less than an hour of practice but JD looked like the best QB and I'd say WG was second best, although his consistency, as can be expected from a true freshman, isn't quite up to par yet. I just hope we can finally have another QB for the first time in a long time that can throw it where the Pass Catcher is going to be instead of where he is.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Leroy Jenkins;n28285 said:
that can throw it where the Pass Catcher is going to be instead of where he is.
This is a big reason our offense has struggled in the past couple of years. It seems that a lot of time when our receivers get a catch they are dead in the water as far as YAC goes. Screen passes need to get to the backs quicker and be put where they don't have to break stride. Wide outs need the ball to be put where they can get a step or 2 to shake a tackler and pick up more 1st downs also.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Pretty much what everyone says, TG at 24/7 has a thread up where he flat out states that no way can Grier redshirt because the gap is so great. Hey DC when we gonna get more reports from your cub reporter, he beat everyone with the news that VHIII was going to be fine. :D
Hemet, you can't be on the active roster for more than 4 of the first 6 games and still redshirt. But , if you play 1 snap you lose your redshirt. http: florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/My-thoughts-on-why-Will-Muschamp-cant-redshirt-Will-Grier-30224006/ TG explains it, on page 2. Zack also went through it last year on the old board, whether it's a fairly new change or not I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.