We put up a damn good fight

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have been critical of this team (and staff) at times this year for a multitude of reasons, but they played their asses off tonight. Alabama just made a couple more plays that decided the game. The offense proved they can score with any team in the country. Aside from a few untimely sacks, Bama had no answer for our air attack. Despite giving up 50 points, the defense played very hard and gave our offense a few chances to tie the game. We just couldn’t make one or two extra plays in critical moments to swing momentum. The better team won, but we gave them a serious run for their money and performed way beyond my expectations in a game where the Gators were clear underdogs. Trask, Toney, Pitts, and Grimes were all sensational. While few want to relish in moral victories, this team is headed in the right direction. The defense will be a lot better in the coming years and we will continue to see high-powered offenses under Mullen. Sadly, I feel like we may have seen the best offense he will ever have as head coach. Despite this, I feel the future is very bright. Recruits will certainly notice we are once again a program on the rise. This hurts a lot tonight, but hope springs eternal. Thank you for an all-time great year, Kyle Trask. Gator Nation will never forget you and you deserve the Heisman. In Emory Jones we trust next year. In all kinds of weather! Go Gators!

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Heversle nailed it. Played their asses off. If cousin E had half the talent saban had he would wax him more often than not. And for those worried that "this is the best offense and he cant do it again" he does it where ever he goes. Like SOS he can coach an offense but has to get his def. in place. I was proud of the effort and the looks on Saban's face when he knew we could play with his NFL farm team. Bring on the "corch loves mediocrity and loves losing and blah fckkn blah" alubmaa has the players. We have kids that left it all out there.
What do you base this statement on?
Because the players that continually go to bama and jawja will realize we are a player now and its cool to be a gator again.......

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I agree completely with the above , I was proud of how much heart our team showed. We did play our asses off. We need more horses on defense and a new d coordinator but think about how you felt during that game, we were never men amongst boys unlike years past. The boys played hard.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gators! Fantastic effort, but effort doesn't win you rings. Get rid of Fat Todd and we are on our way.
We thought about you a lot last night. I'll bet when our Gators lost by less than 10 you busted a nut so hard you needed a canoe to float out of there.

You strike me as the kind of guy that will order a "championship" memento of this season based on something. The SEC Champs t-shirts are on their way to Kenya, maybe you can intercept those packages before they get there.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And Copeland has the worst. I wonder if Copeland’s nickname is Roberto Duran?
I freakin love it!!!

FYI - today is the 31 year year anniversary of Operation Just Cause. I got to meet Duran in Panama after the liberation of Panama.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Gators have nothing to hang their heads over. Great effort from a team that
was given little chance against Alabama's juggernaut. The game pivoted on
Dan's poor clock management. Giving them those extra 18 seconds after
Trask's late 2ed quarter TD made it possible for them to tack on their closing seconds TD.
I know it's tough to think of every nuance of play calling, but the TV announcers were
all over it. That's why the head coaches make the big bucks.
I will say this: If Danny Boy had managed to pull off the upset it would have been the
greatest prediction since Joe Namath's "I Guarantee It".

Last edited:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida had an elite offense this season and completely wasted it because of a severely overpaid DC.
— Derek Tyson (@DerekJTyson)
December 20, 2020

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama’s the kind of team that wears you down and out. It certainly looked like it was headed for that conclusion in the first half as the Tide rolled on the ground and through the air to nearly 400 yards of offense against Florida’s mistake-prone defense.

Surprisingly, we were the better team during the final two quarters. We outscored them 29-17, made a few stops on defense and probably subtracted a few years from Saban’s remaining lifespan. Trask, Toney and Pitts all played like warriors. We went out on a high note, which is always better than the opposite. The problem is, it leaves you thirsting for more.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I will not disagree that the game was closer than almost anyone expected, etc. etc. but I find it difficult to extrapolate from just this one game, that it will catapult us to a level (especially of quality of play and consistency) that has eluded Cousin Eddie his entire HC career,

Where was that "effort" against the CoonAzzes? Do people think that all of sudden in the future when we play Kinticky, UToothless, Vandy, Mizzou, etc. etc. etc., that our players will be picking their asses and their noses at half b/c the game will be over? Well last time I checked Bama was scratching their ballz at half against, ARK, LSPew, UToothless, etc. b/c the game was over at half. Is that strictly based on talent alone? We were tooth and nail against the same horrendous teams beyond half and the 3rd quarter and have been the entire time Cousin Eddie has been the coach. I doubt we ever get to a level of being the King of the Hill on a consistent basis b/c it takes a bit more than just having the very best players. But I will settle for a much more consistent and better quality of play on all levels on a weekly basis. I am not a big fan of Cousin Eddie team's taking 3 and 4 week hiatuses b/c they think they are something they are not.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And next year we're going to get it, behind Emory's 160 passing yards per game. It's going to be an epic season.

I’m still not sure what to make of him. He’s a terrific runner and has a decent arm, but anything after Trask and all that arm talent is going to feel like a steep drop off. I have to wonder if Mullen doesn’t alternate between Jones and Richardson.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m still not sure what to make of him. He’s a terrific runner and has a decent arm, but anything after Trask and all that arm talent is going to feel like a steep drop off. I have to wonder if Mullen doesn’t alternate between Jones and Richardson.
He'll alternate to whoever runs the dive play better.

78, this offense is going to be in the toilet next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb