Ack! We really ARE dangerously thin at WR!

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
We have no game breakers. We have Whittemore & Shorter, both possession receivers, but that’s about it. I thought we’d get Javon Baker from Bama out of the portal, but he just committed to Kentucky (good luck with that bro). So seriously, who do we have?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Ryan Joseph:
Xman and Fraziers are pretty good, but we really only need our WRs to be good blockers, and Whiteymore and Shorter are the game breakers you're looking for in our new power run offense. When we fling it deep, it will be to Xman or Fraziers, for now.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
A major soft spot on this team right now. I expect a few more will be added in the next couple weeks.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There was a kid, a freshman I think, I don't remember seeing him play until the end of the season.

Then, in one of our last games, he got some PT due to injuries and he really looked the part of a legit deep threat out there.

Do not recall his name, but remember thinking "who the hell is this kid and why hasn't he been playing all season?"

Alex.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
There was a kid, a freshman I think, I don't remember seeing him play until the end of the season.

Then, in one of our last games, he got some PT due to injuries and he really looked the part of a legit deep threat out there.

Do not recall his name, but remember thinking "who the hell is this kid and why hasn't he been playing all season?"

Alex.
Burke. I thought the same thing.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
1) Develop/get a QB that can hit the deep ball consistently.
2) Do we have WRs that are deep threats? Until 1) ... who knows.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Oh for crying out loud, Baker isn’t a game breaker. You don’t leave Bama for Kintuckie because they have a more danger passing game. You transfer because you are just an average player. And, from my understanding, CBN never actually offered him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speed kills
Lack of speed doesn't..

FIFU

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Alex.

Yes, he is our speed/deep threat next year. First collegiate catch was a bomb on the road with defenders on him. Makes the catch and, of course, Mullen said that's enough of that. Straight back to the bench you go.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yes, he is our speed/deep threat next year. First collegiate catch was a bomb on the road with defenders on him. Makes the catch and, of course, Mullen said that's enough of that. Straight back to the bench you go.

Burke good size…good speed. But seniority was more important to Mullen. This kid could have helped.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yeah good point. I didn’t insinuate any of that in my post.

Pour yourself another, pal.

Yeah good point. I didn’t insinuate any of that in my post.

Pour yourself another, pal.

Oh man……we can get awful sensitive at times. That “stoned” was accidental, my friend.
I give “likes” or nothing at all. I changed it to the intended like.

But yes….watching the Heat game and we’re down 12…..need another ice cold one.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh man……we can get awful sensitive at times. That “stoned” was accidental, my friend.
I give “likes” or nothing at all. I changed it to the intended like.

But yes….watching the Heat game and we’re down 12…..need another ice cold one.

Ha. You give me a stoned any time you want. I was a little thrown off but then figured I’d probably jumped the gun. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.