Wednesday Worsts….Some Assembly Required

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What’s the worst project you’ve ever had to assemble?
Did you persevere through or quit and hire someone?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Project? I’d say projects, as in midnight hour Christmas gifts for the kids when they were growing up. I’m pretty handy, but after going to the Christmas Eve service at church, getting a bite to eat, riding around to look at lights, then coming home to wrestle them into bed and wrap presents, I was always dog-tired and irritable. Bicycles assembled in the barn were the worst. As Ralphie said about his dad in “A Christmas Story,” there was usually a string of profanities involved. And if there was ever any leftover parts…:boom:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
My youngest son's crib. First kid got the whole set from J.C. Penny's but with kid 2 we decided just to pair it with the extra furniture we had. Got one from Wayfair and it was aweful. Nothing lined up correctly and the screws had to go in areas between the rails that my hands were to big to fit in. Took me forever to do something that should have been simple, while the pregnant wife stands over your shoulders offering her "support".

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
One Christmas Eve, my dad brought over a couple portable floodlights and we assembled a full-size trampoline after midnight, complete with safety netting. I thought it would be a cool delivery from Santa, but after all that late night work, my son wasn't very impressed. Son of a bitch!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
One Christmas Eve, my dad brought over a couple portable floodlights and we assembled a full-size trampoline after midnight, complete with safety netting. I thought it would be a cool delivery from Santa, but after all that late night work, my son wasn't very impressed. Son of a bitch!
HAHA. My wife sometimes struggles being in a all boy household. Don't get me wrong she loves being a boy mom, but its a hard connection for her on some things. I typically stick to the stuff I know they want. Video games, transformers, etc. My wife is always trying to think outside the box and once got my oldest something she had through really hard about. Absolutely crushed her when he was not jumping up and down excited like she thought he would be.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Then there’s always the free box that’s way more fun than a toy.
We got a really large box (maybe washing machine size) that we had in the basement for years. The kids added a door and window. Someone wrote “The Friender House” on it and they played with it for years. We still talk about the Friender House. :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Nothing from my own experience comes to mind. But my oldest brother had a good one. He bought a Datsun 610 I believe it was when he was in college. After a while he determined that it had a problem with the carburetor. Being pretty handy with most things, and the fact that he was an electrical engineering student, he decided to rebuild the carb himself. I don't have a clue how many hours he spent working on it but eventually he just put all the parts in a 5 gallon bucket and took it to a real mechanic and had it reassembled.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
How about the thread title?

Wednesday Worsts….Some Assembly Reuired

fify

Wednesday Worsts….Some Assembly ReQuired​

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
How about the thread title?

Wednesday Worsts….Some Assembly Reuired​

fify

Wednesday Worsts….Some Assembly ReQuired​

Finally found something you can’t fix for me!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That’s exactly what “fify” means….right?
fist shake GIF

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bought a two drawer nightstand from IKEA a few years ago. The first and last thing I'll buy from there, easily the most frustrating thing I've ever put together, not even close.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Christmas of 85 or so. Wife got Daughter a 2 story metal dollhouse, damn thing had the tiniest little nuts and bolts known to man. IIRC in the area of 100 or so.

Still bitch about that thing come Christmas time.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

The end of IKEA instructions? Scientists develop new method for 3D-printing flat-pack furniture that self-assembles into complex shapes as it dries​

• A special 'wood ink' can be 3D-printed and forms different shapes when it dries
  • The technique could one day be used to build products such as tables and chairs
  • It could replace traditional flat-pack furniture from the likes of IKEA

1661262142895.png

1661262180801.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb