Wednesday Worsts… Candy

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Peeps are the all time worst candy for me. Thankfully they are only around for a couple of months during the Easter season.

Actually no, they are showing up in other variations at many other holidays.

I don't like eating raw Peeps, but you will change your mind about them if you toast them like the marshmallows they are. Soft and the outer coating caramelizes like a candy coating. You won't go back to regular marshmallows.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Candy corn is the correct answer . Dreadful beyond words . Though CD takes silver with the circus peanuts choice . I’d rather eat chalk

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This was nailed on the first three posts; those peanut things and candy corn are the worst. I think even as a kid if the choice was either of those or broccoli, I’d have prolly opted for the veggie.

Not sure it was actually a member of the candy family, but the gum that came with the baseball cards was pretty awful, and left a dust stain on the card below it!

upload_2022-4-28_21-22-23.jpeg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This was nailed on the first three posts; those peanut things and candy corn are the worst. I think even as a kid if the choice was either of those or broccoli, I’d have prolly opted for the veggie.

Not sure it was actually a member of the candy family, but the gum that came with the baseball cards was pretty awful, and left a dust stain on the card below it!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
OK, you didn't really specify American candy so...I worked with a Chinese mathematician who would bring the Chinese candy her parents sent her from home. She would gleefully bring it to work to share. I couldn't read what the stuff was but I think it was honey mixed with fish blood dried in the sun. And to to be polite I would always unwrap one and act like I was going to eat it. Never could though.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
OK, you didn't really specify American candy so...I worked with a Chinese mathematician who would bring the Chinese candy her parents sent her from home. She would gleefully bring it to work to share. I couldn't read what the stuff was but I think it was honey mixed with fish blood dried in the sun. And to to be polite I would always unwrap one and act like I was going to eat it. Never could though.

In the same respect I guess chocolate covered bugs could be considered candy too.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
When I lived in Cyprus and you went to an event on the Turkish side, you could usually expect to be offered “Turkish Delight.” To my way of thinking, it was pretty disgusting as well.

@CDGator - I was in a Cracker Barrel this AM in El Paso and one of the employees was actually reloading the spot for the circus peanuts! Someone must either actually be eating them or possibly giving them as gag gifts.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Page 3 and no hate for St. Valentine's Day "Conversation Hearts"?

Admittedly, they're better than candy corn but they still suck and let's be honest, everybody HATES St. Valentine's Day.

iu

Alex.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021

Not as bad as Necco Wafers, but close.
Smarties are my life-long favorite candy! I usually buy the giant bag during Halloween FOR MYSELF and then steal a couple here or there out of the bag throughout the year.

I feel like someone just told me my child is ugly.

How can anyone hate that perfectly tart sweetness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.