Wednesday Worsts….Drivers

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
FSU tag.

Alex.

Speaking of tags.

After graduating- I moved back up to Tallahasse.

I hit the town and a buddy of mine and I went to a sports bar a few miles from the clown college.
I come back to my car (the one with the Gator tag) and find my antenna snapped off and my passenger side mirror laying on the ground.

so… no real moral to the story other than fuch all nulls.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When a person somewhere in front of you is on their phone at the red light and finally realizes the light is green and turning yellow so they get through the intersection but everybody behind them has to wait through another sequence.

1674740382940.gif

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
When I worked in Orlando, I thought, "Central Floridians must be the worst drivers in the state."
When I worked in Port Orange, I thought, "Damn, I hate Port Orange drivers, these gotta be the worst drivers in the state."
Now I work in Palm Coast, and I think "My goodness, these people are the absolute most awful drivers."

Moral of the story: Pretty much everyone in Florida sucks at driving.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When a person somewhere in front of you is on their phone at the red light and finally realizes the light is green and turning yellow so they get through the intersection but everybody behind them has to wait through another sequence.

View attachment 53935
I’m a horn blaster. If you’re just sitting there, I’ll get your attention.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
When I worked in Orlando, I thought, "Central Floridians must be the worst drivers in the state."
When I worked in Port Orange, I thought, "Damn, I hate Port Orange drivers, these gotta be the worst drivers in the state."
Now I work in Palm Coast, and I think "My goodness, these people are the absolute most awful drivers."

Moral of the story: Pretty much everyone in Florida sucks at driving.
No, it’s clearly Palm Coast.
Waaaayy too many Yankees in Palm Coast.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Drive 441 through the villages, then take 466 and 466a. I worked 22 years there and I think every car there, including their golf carts, have wheel rash or missing hubcaps.

Then for fun do it again when the snowbirds are back

For more fun take 301 from Wildwood to 42 in Summerfield between 7:30 to 0am, and again from 5 yo 6 pm.
Ans whatever you do avoid 484 and I75.... to think of it I75 and 326 is no picnic, and Buc-ees may be planning a store there :bwahaha:
No.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Sons #1, #2, and I always make it a point to say "Good luck everybody else!" when changing lanes...

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Most people who do this have probably rolled into the car ahead of them while texting so they're giving themselves more time to continue the practice.
One comment: It is best practice to leave enough room between you and the-car-in-front-of-you to easily navigate out. If the-car-in-front-of-you dies and someone is on your rear-bumper, you're stuck.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
One comment: It is best practice to leave enough room between you and the-car-in-front-of-you to easily navigate out. If the-car-in-front-of-you dies and someone is on your rear-bumper, you're stuck.
A good rule of thumb is to stop far enough behind the vehicle ahead so you can see where their rear tires touch the ground over the hood of your vehicle.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Have you ever noticed that if you ask someone about their driving skills, they'll usually respond they are above average or better. Rare is the person who admits they are a poor driver.

Oh and I hate two footed drivers. I can only imagine how often they need their brakes serviced.

How else to drive a stick? I mean I have done it with one foot when injured, but that a pita.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
A good rule of thumb is to stop far enough behind the vehicle ahead so you can see where their rear tires touch the ground over the hood of your vehicle.
That's the exact rule they teach in classes focused on situational awareness.

:high-5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.