Wednesday Worsts….impulse buys

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Have you ever made a ridiculous impulse buy that you regret?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Yep. Lots of video games. Steam is from the debil. Games I would never buy at full price go on sale at 30-70% off and I just have to get them.

I once purchased a still after binge watching Moonshiners.

Lots of good bourbon too. There are some bottles I have to buy if I see them. That's just how it is.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We went to Shakertown (Shaker community) with the kids and they had used lassos for sale. I spontaneously bought one thinking I could be a cowboy but it looked more like City Slickers. The kids would run around and I would try to lasso them like a calf. Stupid purchase that was "fun" for a minute. It's hanging on the wall of the garage and hasn't been touched in years.:facepalm:

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Back in the day when the internet was still young, somebody who impulsively bought a pair of leather pants listed them for resale on some website and the accompanying story went viral. It was hilarious.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Back in the day when the internet was still young, somebody who impulsively bought a pair of leather pants listed them for resale on some website and the accompanying story went viral. It was hilarious.

Alex.

Was “somebody” drunk at the time of purchase?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Once bought a Breitling Emergency Titanium on the street in midtown that I knew was fake. But it was the best fake I’d ever seen. GPS system appeared functional, smooth sweep, everything. This was in 2004. I had watches and had zero use for this one as I’m rarely stranded in the ocean post flight crash, in need of assistance. My only thought was that it may just be hot and I could flip it. Was on my way to dinner and kept thinking no, but eventually went back and bought it. Still remember the whole time sitting at dinner and being mad.

Pretty sure I’ve told this before. But also did once wake up to a fairly hefty bill from a particular establishment where women felt it acceptable—even recommended—to take their clothes off. I was obliterated and remember very little. The charges from said establishment always showed as “Casa de” something to prevent trouble for married men when their wives saw the statement. I woke up to Amex calling me to ask if I’d truly authorized this absurd amount at this “Casa de” place. When I said no, fortunately they reversed the charges. The guy in the street in NY didn’t have the same return policy.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Once bought a Breitling Emergency Titanium on the street in midtown that I knew was fake. But it was the best fake I’d ever seen. GPS system appeared functional, smooth sweep, everything. This was in 2004. I had watched and had zero use for this one as I’m rarely stranded in the ocean post flight crash, in need of assistance. My only though was that it may just be hot and I could flip it. Was on my way to dinner and kept thinking no, but eventually went back and bought it. Still remember the whole time sitting at dinner and being mad.

Pretty sure I’ve told this before. But also did once wake up to a fairly hefty bill from a particular establishment where women felt it acceptable—even recommended—to take their clothes off. I was obliterated and remember very little. The charges from said establishment always showed as “Casa de” something to prevent trouble for married men when their saw wives saw the statement. I woke up to Amex calling me to ask if I’d truly authorized this absurd amount at this “Casa de” place. When I said no, fortunately they reversed the charges. The guy in the street in NY didn’t have the same return policy.

Was there something wrong with the fake Breitling? I feel like something is missing from your story.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was there something wrong with the fake Breitling? I feel like something is missing from your story.

Alex.

No. I just knew. Took it to Tourneau the next day and they confirmed, based entirely on it being slightly heavier than it should be.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's weird when you refer to yourself in the first and third person in the same sentence.
Deny The Office GIF

Dont Look At Me For The Record GIF by TLC

2000s it wasnt me GIF

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
FF455BCF-684B-444A-870B-B98B72D29EE7.jpeg

I’m going to put this here. I made an impulse purchase today at Kroger. Never had corn beef before and decided today was the day. Made it in the Foodi Ninja. It was tender but Meh.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Once bought a Breitling Emergency Titanium on the street in midtown that I knew was fake. But it was the best fake I’d ever seen. GPS system appeared functional, smooth sweep, everything. This was in 2004. I had watches and had zero use for this one as I’m rarely stranded in the ocean post flight crash, in need of assistance. My only thought was that it may just be hot and I could flip it. Was on my way to dinner and kept thinking no, but eventually went back and bought it. Still remember the whole time sitting at dinner and being mad.

Pretty sure I’ve told this before. But also did once wake up to a fairly hefty bill from a particular establishment where women felt it acceptable—even recommended—to take their clothes off. I was obliterated and remember very little. The charges from said establishment always showed as “Casa de” something to prevent trouble for married men when their wives saw the statement. I woke up to Amex calling me to ask if I’d truly authorized this absurd amount at this “Casa de” place. When I said no, fortunately they reversed the charges. The guy in the street in NY didn’t have the same return policy.
Those Breitling's were quite the rage in Iraq and Afghanistan around 2005 or so... as if anyone who had one would get a response there!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Alex.
Mainly that if he ever pulled the pin on it... no one would come for him... it would probably emit a "ha! ha!" sound or something like this...
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb