Wednesday Worsts….impulse buys

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Once bought a Breitling Emergency Titanium on the street in midtown that I knew was fake. But it was the best fake I’d ever seen. GPS system appeared functional, smooth sweep, everything. This was in 2004. I had watches and had zero use for this one as I’m rarely stranded in the ocean post flight crash, in need of assistance. My only thought was that it may just be hot and I could flip it. Was on my way to dinner and kept thinking no, but eventually went back and bought it. Still remember the whole time sitting at dinner and being mad.

Pretty sure I’ve told this before. But also did once wake up to a fairly hefty bill from a particular establishment where women felt it acceptable—even recommended—to take their clothes off. I was obliterated and remember very little. The charges from said establishment always showed as “Casa de” something to prevent trouble for married men when their wives saw the statement. I woke up to Amex calling me to ask if I’d truly authorized this absurd amount at this “Casa de” place. When I said no, fortunately they reversed the charges. The guy in the street in NY didn’t have the same return policy.
Buddy of mine used to always joke that if he opened one of those establisments he would name it "The Store" so when the wife asked where you were going you could just say the store.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
View attachment 55283

I’m going to put this here. I made an impulse purchase today at Kroger. Never had corn beef before and decided today was the day. Made it in the Foodi Ninja. It was tender but Meh.
There must have been something wrong with your syntax. What is this "never had corned beef before" construct? Finest food to come out of New York Jewish delicatessens for no income Micks that can be found. I love the stuff and the next morning you mash the whole mess up and fry it crispy on both sides and serve it with two egg over medium. But don 't use the pressure cooker. Its like southern green beans, requiring a slow simmer for up to 8 hours to develop the correct taste and texture.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There must have been something wrong with your syntax. What is this "never had corned beef before" construct? Finest food to come out of New York Jewish delicatessens for no income Micks that can be found. I love the stuff and the next morning you mash the whole mess up and fry it crispy on both sides and serve it with two egg over medium. But don 't use the pressure cooker. Its like southern green beans, requiring a slow simmer for up to 8 hours to develop the correct taste and texture.
You can have the leftovers. I regret the impulse purchase.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

No diced potatoes in your corned beef hash???

And nary a peep about the Rueben sandwich?

Alex.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
No diced potatoes in your corned beef hash???

And nary a peep about the Rueben sandwich?

Alex.
The potatoes come from the boiled potatoes that are mashed flat with the cabbage. And I love Rueben sandwiches. Chick-fil-A sauce is as good a Russian or TI dressing. I just cant believe CD hasn't ever had CB&C.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The potatoes come from the boiled potatoes that are mashed flat with the cabbage. And I love Rueben sandwiches. Chick-fil-A sauce is as good a Russian or TI dressing. I just cant believe CD hasn't ever had CB&C.
Had the leftovers for lunch and I can confirm that I won't have it again. Meh

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I once made an impulse hire that was never fully consummated. With some fellow little league coaching buddies at Hooters, I hired a waitress. The young lass was working her way through college and had many fine attributes. She was looking for part time bookkeeping work as her major was accounting. My wife is the accountant for our company and needed help, but for some reason she put the major kibosh on the whole deal and refused to talk with her even though she arrived on time for the interview, smartly dressed. Wife’s words to me still echo years later:
“Oh, no you will NOT hire that girl!!”
Dang…

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I once made an impulse hire that was never fully consummated. With some fellow little league coaching buddies at Hooters, I hired a waitress. The young lass was working her way through college and had many fine attributes. She was looking for part time bookkeeping work as her major was accounting. My wife is the accountant for our company and needed help, but for some reason she put the major kibosh on the whole deal and refused to talk with her even though she arrived on time for the interview, smartly dressed. Wife’s words to me still echo years later:
“Oh, no you will NOT hire that girl!!”
Dang…
That's what happens when you let the help get uppity. Of course I can say that here, my wife doesn't read GC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator