Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I’d say jazz or jazz fusion (whatever the hell that is).
Hard to listen to/understand gangsta rap or speed/thrash metal.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Rap. And it’s not even close.

I’m not a big jazz fan, but I can certainly appreciate that guys like Louis Armstrong, Stan Getz, Gene Krupa, Sonny Rollins, and Benny Goodman (to name but a few) were absolute masters of their respective instruments and will be considered so for generations. (And greatly influenced many of Rock music’s greatest musicians.) Will any rap “artists” be viewed as such? I seriously doubt it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You're telling me jazz is worse than some idiot rapper sounding like a fkn retard, swearing, talking about drugs, weapons, someone's mama, and someones btch, all while some stupid bass tones and even gayer computer generated synth sounds play in the background?

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You're telling me jazz is worse than some idiot rapper sounding like a fkn retard, swearing, talking about drugs, weapons, someone's mama, and someones btch, all while some stupid bass tones and even gayer computer generated synth sounds play in the background?

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you.
Even this, is better than jazz…

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t see it specifically mentioned (I could’ve missed it), but that Screaming stuff…holy crap, I can’t take that.

Now, I did see a couple that I wasn‘t familiar with, but thought certainly some members might know: “Detroit Techno?” @Detroitgator :dunno: And “Jackin House?” @URGatorBait:dunno: I know my musical tastes are pretty limited, but I’m a proponent of taking advantage of every opportunity to learn something new.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Rap. And it’s not even close.

I’m not a big jazz fan, but I can certainly appreciate that guys like Louis Armstrong, Stan Getz, Gene Krupa, Sonny Rollins, and Benny Goodman (to name but a few) were absolute masters of their respective instruments and will be considered so for generations. (And greatly influenced many of Rock music’s greatest musicians.) Will any rap “artists” be viewed as such? I seriously doubt it.

Ok, so you make a good point.
The masters (Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, etc) didn’t immediately come to mind - just the Ron Burgundy jazz flute type sh1t.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Here's my thing with jazz...

For the music itself/the actual jazz musicians, I have tremendous respect for actual jazz musicians/composers. But for me personally, the totally unstructured nature of it drives my brain crazy, therefore, I hate jazz.

As for fans of jazz music, much like "cigar aficionados," 99.99% of them are fake ass douchebags. It's not a coincidence that there is a lot of jazz played in cigar bars... f'n weirdos.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Here's my thing with jazz...

For the music itself/the actual jazz musicians, I have tremendous respect for actual jazz musicians/composers. But for me personally, the totally unstructured nature of it drives my brain crazy, therefore, I hate jazz.

As for fans of jazz music, much like "cigar aficionados," 99.99% of them are fake ass douchebags. It's not a coincidence that there is a lot of jazz played in cigar bars... f'n weirdos.
Hmmmm........didn't you once take me to a cigar bar?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
  1. Closest decent bar to the apartment in Gainesville
  2. No jazz played
  3. Only hipster douchebags smoking cigars
  4. It was actually a test... you failed by accepting to go.
Gotta disagree with #4. For one thing I did not have a cigar and for another you were buying so I would have pretty much gone anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb