Wednesday Worsts….music genre

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
 tI didn’t see it specifically mentioned (I could’ve missed it), but that Screaming stuff…holy crap, I can’t take that.

Now, I did see a couple that I wasn‘t familiar with, but thought certainly some members might know: “Detroit Techno?” @Detroitgator :dunno: And “Jackin House?” @URGatorBait:dunno: I know my musical tastes are pretty limited, but I’m a proponent of taking advantage of every opportunity to learn something new.
Death metal, where the singer sounds like the possessed girl in "The Exorcist"?

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
To settle this, how about we talk about the recent emulsion of rap and country. Can we arrest these people please?
"Fancy Like" by Walker Hayes is the worst example to date. I have no basis for conversing with anyone who sings along or line dances to this piece of ****.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
"Fancy Like" by Walker Hayes is the worst example to date. I have no basis for conversing with anyone who sings along or line dances to this piece of ****.

Whoa, are you saying that Jelly Roll isn't real country? He's all the rage at the CMA music awards.

1685105273187.png

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little thrown back by this. I totally pictured you seat laid back in your car, blasting “young” somebody. On the real.
I give you rap, country, and "young somebody" for the trifecta! That, my friend, is on the real and i'm serious as cancer when i say rhythm is a dancer!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I give you rap, country, and "young somebody" for the trifecta! That, my friend, is on the real and i'm serious as cancer when i say rhythm is a dancer!

I could be held hostage Waziristan, with my release solely predicated on clicking that video, and I’d still say no.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my thing with jazz...

For the music itself/the actual jazz musicians, I have tremendous respect for actual jazz musicians/composers. But for me personally, the totally unstructured nature of it drives my brain crazy, therefore, I hate jazz.

As for fans of jazz music, much like "cigar aficionados," 99.99% of them are fake ass douchebags. It's not a coincidence that there is a lot of jazz played in cigar bars... f'n weirdos.
Cool story. Now do ppl who listen to gangsta rap.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Cool story. Now do ppl who listen to gangsta rap.
were the millers no ragrets GIF

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still think I'm on to something regarding opening inner city charter schools using a curriculum based on rappers who were legit thugs and have become legit business/real estate moguls using the lyrics from some of their songs going to those very things to teach why America is still a great country and why the American dream is alive and well.

Only in America can a rapper make millions rapping songs about murdering cops and then years later earn millions playing a cop on TV.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Here's my thing with jazz...

For the music itself/the actual jazz musicians, I have tremendous respect for actual jazz musicians/composers. But for me personally, the totally unstructured nature of it drives my brain crazy, therefore, I hate jazz.

As for fans of jazz music, much like "cigar aficionados," 99.99% of them are fake ass douchebags. It's not a coincidence that there is a lot of jazz played in cigar bars... f'n weirdos.

Season 9 Comedy GIF by The Office

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb