Wednesday Worsts….Toys

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I remember getting one of these at Christmas when I was elementary age…

View attachment 48067

The metal molds got really hot and I recall a few burns. It also came with small gauge wire that you could articulate the legs, tails, and wings as well as puncture your skin. The greatest injury (and subsequent loss of the Thingmaker) occurred when I got my @ss torn up for putting a big black spider under the covers in my mother’s bed.
I got one of these for Christmas when I was 7 years old. Yes, I burned my fingers a couple of times, but I had a lot of fun with it, too. Even the memory of the smell of that Plasti-Goop makes me smile now.

Wham-O made a lot of cheap fun toys that are all banned now. Super Balls, Silly Putty, Water Wiggles, Slip 'N Slides, and even simple ball and paddles. All great fun and most of them gone forever. Jacks, marbles, and Pick up Sticks. Choking hazards! You'll put your eye out, kid!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I got one of these for Christmas when I was 7 years old. Yes, I burned my fingers a couple of times, but I had a lot of fun with it, too. Even the memory of the smell of that Plasti-Goop makes me smile now.

Wham-O made a lot of cheap fun toys that are all banned now. Super Balls, Silly Putty, Water Wiggles, Slip 'N Slides, and even simple ball and paddles. All great fun and most of them gone forever. Jacks, marbles, and Pick up Sticks. Choking hazards! You'll put your eye out, kid!

Slip ‘N Slide was awesome the first run. After that you were sliding over a combination of dirt, grass and leaves that you and the others tracked onto it. Hated that.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Our kids had some friends whose parents are a whole lot cooler than us and willing to destroy their front yard for a slip n' slide kid party.
The first time I tried it out I dove straight down head first and then slammed my neck into the haybale that was protecting us from going into the road. Their yard was a mess for a year but they are much better parents than us and I'm ok with it.

Slipnslide.jpg

slipnslide2.jpg

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Two toys come to mind as the worst.

Jack in the Box. The anticipation is awful waiting for it to pop up. Hated that toy.

Original Lawn Darts with the metal tips. For obvious reasons.
Blasphemy!!! The Lawn Darts were fuching AWESOME. Ive been looking around on eBay to get some of them. They taught you to pay attention to what you were doing and to not fuch around and find out. They were also great instruments of natural selection. We need MORE toys like that, not less. You know....something like a tesla coil pool toy. Or a soap-on-a-rope with a core of metal sodium.
I once threw one of those things in the air as high as I could just as my dog came charging by me from behind. She was camped under it and I was too far away to do anything before it came down. Those were the longest 3 or 4 seconds of my life. It missed her by two feet.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I once threw one of those things in the air as high as I could just as my dog came charging by me from behind. She was camped under it and I was too far away to do anything before it came down. Those were the longest 3 or 4 seconds of my life. It missed her by two feet.
I was nervous just reading this!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

You forgot "Happy Fun Ball".... and remember, do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our kids had some friends whose parents are a whole lot cooler than us and willing to destroy their front yard for a slip n' slide kid party.
The first time I tried it out I dove straight down head first and then slammed my neck into the haybale that was protecting us from going into the road. Their yard was a mess for a year but they are much better parents than us and I'm ok with it.

View attachment 48967

View attachment 48966

Look, I am known for doing dumb ass stuff like this so I wont judge you neighbors. But that “backstop” doesn’t seem sufficient.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yeah, but couldn’t you at least find 2 or 3 fat people and ask them to sit facing the road? I mean, it’s Kentucky for crying out loud.
It’s illegal to use people as a speed bump.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but couldn’t you at least find 2 or 3 fat people and ask them to sit facing the road? I mean, it’s Kentucky for crying out loud.

What's the worst that could happen? Oh that's right.... you launch onto the asphalt road at 30 mph in the nothing but your swim trunks!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seedy's parents lived directly across the street from the slip n' slide neighbors. They had one of the best hills for sledding. The neighbor's next door to them had a creek that would actually stop you before you went into the road for you worry warts that are afraid of a little traffic.

68208_481583422487_393998_n.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Just to ramp up the danger, the neighbor brought her horses over to go sledding with the kids! Better than a slip n slide.

12552742_10153788922877488_6719242041628507253_n.jpg

12524001_10153788922682488_2609341195956828775_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator