Wednesday Worsts….Toys

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Two toys come to mind as the worst.

Jack in the Box. The anticipation is awful waiting for it to pop up. Hated that toy.

Original Lawn Darts with the metal tips. For obvious reasons.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Blasphemy!!! The Lawn Darts were fuching AWESOME. Ive been looking around on eBay to get some of them. They taught you to pay attention to what you were doing and to not fuch around and find out. They were also great instruments of natural selection. We need MORE toys like that, not less. You know....something like a tesla coil pool toy. Or a soap-on-a-rope with a core of metal sodium.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
While they're at it, they need to bring back real M80s. Or bottle rockets and roman candles with ads showing kids shooting them at hornets nests.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember getting one of these at Christmas when I was elementary age…

1662028172242.jpeg

The metal molds got really hot and I recall a few burns. It also came with small gauge wire that you could articulate the legs, tails, and wings as well as puncture your skin. The greatest injury (and subsequent loss of the Thingmaker) occurred when I got my @ss torn up for putting a big black spider under the covers in my mother’s bed.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Son inherited an obnoxious toy similar to this one. Ernie would drive around yelling “WOOHOO THIS IS FUN! The car would always jam up against a baseboard or get stuck on something and rock back and forth making an awful noise while Ernie was yelling this is fun.
Drove me crazy!

1662028908044.jpeg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
mask-cartoon-road-slot-car-race-track_1_6f5ef4dc8979c3a2be81ae1dbfc3b796.jpg

Remember getting this for Christmas one year in the 80s. It was absolutly horrible. The cars had these pins on them that had to be perfectly aligned for them to work. Even if you managed to get them on the track right they would somehow get stuck and not move. Runner up goes to the He-Man character Stinkor. Made him actually smell like s*it.

For my kids I avoid anything that has lots of pieces. Legos, track sets, puzzles, etc. Never fails that on day one they lose half the stuff.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
View attachment 48072

Remember getting this for Christmas one year in the 80s. It was absolutly horrible. The cars had these pins on them that had to be perfectly aligned for them to work. Even if you managed to get them on the track right they would somehow get stuck and not move. Runner up goes to the He-Man character Stinkor. Made him actually smell like s*it.

For my kids I avoid anything that has lots of pieces. Legos, track sets, puzzles, etc. Never fails that on day one they lose half the stuff.
Our daughter had Polly Pockets. Tiny little Barbie dolls with itty bitty shoes, purses and other accessories. I’ll admit that it gave me a lot of joy vacuuming them up.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
patriotic-paddle-ball-games~25_1918-a01.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

How many bounces could you actually get in a row? 3. 4 tops. Then right about the time you almost had the hang of it... the strings breaks.

I'll tell you this much.... that pink ball had a very specific smell that you can still imagine. (I am sure I will regret typing that)

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
How many bounces could you actually get in a row? 3. 4 tops. Then right about the time you almost had the hang of it... the strings breaks.

I'll tell you this much.... that pink ball had a very specific smell that you can still imagine. (I am sure I will regret typing that)
That's what she said, but I can't imagine it personally... :stickpoke:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Son was about 3 years old when he was paddling it out the car window and I told him not to. I think he got 3, maybe 4 tops before the whole thing went flying out the window.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Play Doh.

Alex.

Play doh and moon sand. I was a mean mom and made the kids play with them outside. They went to their cousin’s house and were allowed to play with it inside. They got so excited and said “I didn’t know you can play with this inside too!”

Mean old mom.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think @bradgator2 and @AlexDaGator are in point. The rubber band on those paddles was the cheapest on the planet. Always broke. And as for unique smell, I always though Play doh was awful. This very distinct sharp, salty disgusting odor. Never respected kids who played with it.

I’ll add any Hotwheel or other car toy that involved a track. Never moved like the commercials and if it did have any speed at all, it just launched out of the tracks.

Also Tinker Toys. That kid in the commercial with like a fully operational amusement park he’d made out of them, can get bent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb