Wednesday worsts…dumbest rule ever

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What is the dumbest rule you’ve been forced to follow?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not being allowed to exterminate morons. I could thin the herd substantially in twelve short months.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A couple…

During Covid(even toward the end), Disney was making people wear masks outside—unless you were eating while standing still. So you could stop and eat of course with your mask off, or you could walk with it on. But you could not stroll while eating. Hands down the height of Covid stupidity.

On flights, I take my seatbelt off the moment I slow down to 20mph or so upon landing. I just let a complete stranger take me thousands of feet into the sky at speeds of hundreds of mph. I think I’ll roll the dice on that last 30 feet. I’m not exactly thrilled putting my tray table up because we’re 10 miles south of Newark either, but that’s a separate issue.

I don’t actually follow it, so technically it wouldn’t apply, but I really don’t like being lied to about listening to the entire prompt “as the menu has recently changed”. The menu is the same and I’m tempted to sure you for misleading propaganda.

Feels like I’ll be adding to this thread. :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Paying a tax on land that we own. Do we own it or not? If not, why do we have to have insurance on it to protect us in the event that a visitor is injured? Seems like there were some important tax issues dealt with some years back in this country. Maybe it’s time to revisit?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week:
There area bout 100 rules now for teachers that the rule makers can shove up their asses sideways,..........

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There area bout 100 rules now for teachers that the rule makers can shove up their asses sideways,..........

If IG, Twitter and TikTok are any guide, I’m not sure you’re last line carries the negative connotation you were hoping for.

But yeah, I’ve seen a little with my wife working for ACSB and I’m sure that’s just scratching the surface of what’s there.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
sammy-hagar-police.gif

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
In the late '80's I worked for Chemlawn lawn care company. Some idiot in upper management became "woke" and pushed through a rule that said we must stick a flag in every yard that we treated that was very similar to in the pic below. Now, I didn't mind doing that when we were actually "spraying" liquid chemicals, but when we were spreading dry, granular fertilizers during the summer when temps were in the mid-to-high 80's in the morning and near 100 by noon, there was no liquids to be found to potentially expose anyone too. I actually got written up because I was caught NOT posting those flags...

1683206808960.jpeg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I'm gonna cut you some slack here because my wife is a teacher and yes there are some dumb ones, but also some that she complains about that every person that isn't a teacher has to follow on a daily basis.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Not using uniform pockets. Even knew guys who had the pockets sewn shut so they wouldn't use them.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
This doesn't really apply to the thread because no one follows that rule.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Sad to admit that it actually took about 3 seconds to sink in...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Paying a tax on land that we own. Do we own it or not? If not, why do we have to have insurance on it to protect us in the event that a visitor is injured? Seems like there were some important tax issues dealt with some years back in this country. Maybe it’s time to revisit?

I'll add income tax to this. It's a form of slavery. I don't own the product of my own labors. If I don't give the IRS their cut, I can lose my freedom.

Property tax and income tax should be abolished. Frankly, ALL taxes should be abolished and replaced by import tariffs and consumption taxes.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
i like it when you come to the court of public opinion........would that generate enough $$$ to run this country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.