Wednesday worsts…dumbest rule ever

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i like it when you come to the court of public opinion........would that generate enough $$$ to run this country?
Probably not, but certainly enough bs to fertilize all the produce grown in Dixie.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i like it when you come to the court of public opinion........would that generate enough $$$ to run this country?
If you set the rates high enough, of course it would.

While we're fixing everything though, we'll spend less running the country.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
And these mandatory trainings to rid me of my unconscious bias
Many years ago, when I was still a fed, the department announced they were going to soon start “implicit bias” training. (To no one’s surprise here I’m sure, this was during the Obama Admin.) As soon as I heard about it, I went to the head of our division and the #2 and self reported that I was going to be guilty of insubordination. When asked for details, I replied that not only would I not attend this training, I would not direct any subordinates to go nor punish any who refused to attend. Being the solid guys they were, they laughed and told me not to worry about it. I found out later the Division head and numerous others at his level had already pushed back and told the powers that be in no uncertain terms it wasn’t happening. Apparently this happened in several other agencies across the department and they backed down.

The former Division head, who is also retired, and I are again working together and every now and then he’ll remind me, jokingly, about my tendency to be insubordinate.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Many years ago, when I was still a fed, the department announced they were going to soon start “implicit bias” training. (To no one’s surprise here I’m sure, this was during the Obama Admin.) As soon as I heard about it, I went to the head of our division and the #2 and self reported that I was going to be guilty of insubordination. When asked for details, I replied that not only would I not attend this training, I would not direct any subordinates to go nor punish any who refused to attend. Being the solid guys they were, they laughed and told me not to worry about it. I found out later the Division head and numerous others at his level had already pushed back and told the powers that be in no uncertain terms it wasn’t happening. Apparently this happened in several other agencies across the department and they backed down.

The former Division head, who is also retired, and I are again working together and every now and then he’ll remind me, jokingly, about my tendency to be insubordinate.

I work with some guys who were DOE and have since "retired" to do some private sector consulting.
Same thing... they're so glad to be out of all that mess.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The dress code in the navy. Had I just been able to wear a dress and a wig...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much everything Covid related…the lunacy of the measures taken were mind boggling in absurd. But the masks in restaurants rule was the best…10 second walk to table mask on but sit for an hour mask off

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Pretty much everything Covid related…the lunacy of the measures taken were mind boggling in absurd. But the masks in restaurants rule was the best…10 second walk to table mask on but sit for an hour mask off
Couldn't agree more.

All common sense went out the window during covid. I went to fix a person's computer at work that took a few minutes and the next day they tested positive for covid. I didn't have to quarantine because the rule was only if you were exposed to that person for more than 15 minutes.

My sister went to a bar with her boyfriend and you weren't allowed to sit next to a person at the bar. You needed one bar stool in-between each other. Even the very person you came to the bar with and will leave with in the same car.

Don't even get me started on the masks and shots. There's another thread for that stupidity.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Come on Dude! I thought you were smart enough to realize that the 'rona isn't communicable if you were seated in a restaurant but if you were walking/standing it is...Srsly...

wow-amazed.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't agree more.

All common sense went out the window during covid. I went to fix a person's computer at work that took a few minutes and the next day they tested positive for covid. I didn't have to quarantine because the rule was only if you were exposed to that person for more than 15 minutes.

My sister went to a bar with her boyfriend and you weren't allowed to sit next to a person at the bar. You needed one bar stool in-between each other. Even the very person you came to the bar with and will leave with in the same car.

Don't even get me started on the masks and shots. There's another thread for that stupidity.

I forgot about our daycare rules…couldn’t go inside for pickup or drop off we had to take them to about 10 ft from the door and they would then walk to a teacher…and they said we had to be masked outside for this

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb