Wednesday Worsts…wedding songs

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
She still listens to the music but she's a mommy with an appropriate wardrobe including colors other than black or purple.

Our wedding song was (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons. Specifically, the Nat King Cole rendition. I had heard nightmare stories of people getting bad covers of their wedding song so I was very specific.

We go out for out first dance. The music starts. Instead of the dulcet tones of Nat King Cole, I hear a chick start to sing. "Oh sh!t" I thought. "Imma kill that damn DJ".

I told my wife "wrong version" and she told me "just listen".

I was confused. It was clearly not Nat King Cole. She said "listen...it's me".

That's right boys and girls. My fiancee went to a recording studio (with her sister) and did her own cover of our wedding song. We danced our first dance as a married couple to her voice singing our wedding song. It was a surprise gift to me.

Pretty cool, huh.

Alex.
Sorry, but that’s some bullschitt right there. You expected Nat King Cole; you paid for Nat King Cole; you got some inexperienced wannabe. You were ripped off. I’m really surprised you didn’t sue.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Wrote into the contract with our wedding DJ that if he played the Macarena or the Chicken Dance, he wouldn't get paid.

Alex.

We didn’t want any part of a first dance and deciding on the music so we “eloped” to Hawaii with Seedy’s parents as the only guests. They faxed me a one page questionnaire about cake, colors, and who we want to officiate. Done. No chicken dance or Macarena. Just a pig and a hula.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
We didn’t want any part of a first dance and deciding on the music so we “eloped” to Hawaii with Seedy’s parents as the only guests. They faxed me a one page questionnaire about cake, colors, and who we want to officiate. Done. No chicken dance or Macarena. Just a pig and a hula.
So, just to clarify, which one of you two was the pig and who was the hula?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Vern is/was one of the most under appreciated true country vocalists ever.

I saw him outside of Cleveland and at the Plant City Strawberry Festival.
There’s a reason why he was called The Voice.
His tonality, clarity and pitch are up there with the all time greats.
His backstory is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb