Wednesday Worsts....Car Make/Model

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
For a short period of time in 78-79 we had a Ford Pinto station wagon.
That would get my vote.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We had a Dodge Dakota pickup truck for a very brief time. Never again.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had Friend that bought an old MG. It wouldn’t coast downhill on Mt Everest. Stayed torn up all the time and parts were extremely hard to get, not to mention expensive. Other than that it was a pretty cool car. He finally sold it and upgraded to an Austin Healy. Better looking, but equally unreliable and in constant need of repair. James Bond notwithstanding, I’ve since been afraid of Brit sports cars.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I had a 1979 Dodge Omni. It was an early-generation front wheel drive, before they had figured out how to actually decouple the drivetrain from the steering, so if you accelerated during a turn, it would jerk the steering wheel from your hand. It had that plastic that faded quickly in the sun, and got super brittle. Such a piece of crap.

I had it in Gainesville in 1985/86 and smelled smoke, so I pulled into a median cut-through on Archer Road and popped the hood, and flames are shooting out. Looks like a short sparked a small fire. Well I had a newspaper in the car so I grabbed it and beat down the flame. With the last swat, I realized - “WTF am I doing? I should let this thing burn to the ground!”

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We did this thread last year.

Search for “Trabant”.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We did this thread last year.

Search for “Trabant”.

Alex.

Oops, I thought so and did a search before posting this but my key words didn’t come up. Figured I’d posted it a few years ago on another board. Maybe a mod could give me a three day time out. :headslap:

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Yugo is above a Trabant. Both Soviet bloc era cars. But the Yugo at least had a 4 stroke engine.

Had the mis pleasure of working on a yugo once, and only once. Cheap cra

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
The worst vehicle I ever bought new was a 1976 Volare. Ricardo Montaban sold me on the real corynthian leather (naugahyde) and it was actually the only redeeming quality for the vehicle. It stalled in school zones, at traffic lights, railroad crossings and any other time the vehicle slowed to under 20 mph. Fortunately, the 225 six cylinder got all of 9 milles per gallon. After I was almost runover by a limerock hauling truck, I wrote Chryster and they came dowm to test the vehicle. It operated just as it always did but the gas mileage went all the way to 11 miles per gallon during the economy test while nursing the gas. The funniest part about it was watching the Chrystler rep try to get it to stop stalling to get to 30 mph to run the economy test. Chrystler wrote me afterwards to tell me the vehicle operated as designed; I have not owner a Chrystle product since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.