Wednesday Worsts...Critically Acclaimed Movie

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I thought you would be totally engrossed by the movies now since sound was added...:whistle:

speaking of...
one of my sons is a film buff and has his own Plex server where he routinely has some really cool films. A lot of the films are foreign (lots of quality Japanese, Indian and German films).
He recently threw a few silent films on there:

Nosferatu (1922)
City Girl (1930)
Sunrise (1927)

All directed by FW Murnau - German guy, WWI company commander and Fighter pilot.

I watched Nosferatu earlier this week - eerie, kind of a take off on Bram Stoker's Dracula. In fact the production company that made the film went bankrupt due to copyright violations with Stoker's estate.

The other two films I haven't seen, but in reading about Sunrise, IMDB says that Sunrise is considered to be one of the best movies of all time.

You may have seen this dude, Count Orlock aka Nosferatu:
MV5BNjZmZThiOGItYmIxMi00ZWYwLTgwZWYtYzhmY2QzZGNmYTRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Has anybody seen The Shape of Water? The 2017 best picture. If you haven't I 'll give you the plot synopsis.
I deaf girl falls in love with the creature from the black lagoon and has sex with it by placing towels under the bathroom door and filling up the bathroom with water. I shyt you not. That won Best Picture. The mousy deaf girl does go full frontal so it has that going for it but she's not best picture worthy.

Green Book 2018: Italian American drives a gay, black man across country. I wonder why that won.

Moonlight: 2016 Gay, black man deals with being a gay black man. Do you see a pattern?

Spotlight 2015: Gay Pedophiles. They do love the gay in Hollywierd.

12 years a slave 2013: White people, bad.

It's almost as if Hollyweird is trying to shove a message down our throats.
Mrs G and I DVR’d “Green Book“ and watched it a couple of weeks ago. We enjoyed it and thought Viggo Mortensen was really good. We were surprised to look it up after we watched it to learn it won “Best Picture.”

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Princess Bride (sappy I know but I love it)
Saving Private Ryan
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Schindler's List
Matrix
The Fugitive
Raising Arizona :lol:

Haven't seen many of these in a long time so I reserve the right to change my mind.
Raising Arizona was awesome.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Raising Arizona was awesome.

incredibly quotable too... that's the sign of a good movie:

Ed: You mean you busted out of jail.

Evelle: No, ma’am. We released ourselves on our own recognizance.

Gale: What Evelle here is trying to say is that we felt that the institution no longer had anything to offer us.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
incredibly quotable too... that's the sign of a good movie:

Ed: You mean you busted out of jail.

Evelle: No, ma’am. We released ourselves on our own recognizance.

Gale: What Evelle here is trying to say is that we felt that the institution no longer had anything to offer us.

IKR!
Saying, “Son, you have a panty on your head!” never gets old! :bwahaha:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The matrix is a terrible movie with perhaps the worst living actor as the lead. LF is good at what he does but he can’t help a **** story won a ridiculous fairy tale premise . The matrix is **** period .

Fight club has two damn good actors and director. It’s much better than the matrix but falls into the overrated category for me given the cast and filmmaker . If you’re expecting anything other than an average movie it’s a disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.