Wednesday worsts...Fads

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There’s been a lot of horrible fads in my lifetime. What’s the worst you can think of?

tide pod challenge

Harlem Shake

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was a skate/surf punk teenager back in the early 90s. As such, I would sometimes wear my pants low, exposing my boxers. That was 1992. The fact that this is still going on, by adults no less, is hard to understand.

And in general, roughly 90% of the stickers that people place on their cars or trucks make me absolutely cringe. I won't get into specifics and risk offending someone. But I'll say this: some friends of ours insisted on trying the "Salt Life" restaurant in St Aug last year, and I've never in my entire life felt like more of a toolbag than I did sitting there that night.

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Leisure suits - This was pretty much me in the 8th grade:

727d6c204f3c1496037ee73dad82e08a.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But I'll say this: some friends of ours insisted on trying the "Salt Life" restaurant in St Aug last year, and I've never in my entire life felt like more of a toolbag than I did sitting there that night.

I'm calling BS on this, your an Iggles fan... that is the definition of toolbag.....

200.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I'm sorry. I'm sure it looks great on your car and/or truck.

Or, was this about sagging your pants?

Don't like to put anything on my car sticker or magnet wise. Glad sunpass is just going by license plate now... as far as saggy pants, I worked on a farm as a kid that wasn't going to happen.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
truck_nuts1.jpg

I'm kinda glad these are gone.

they're gone... right?

I wish I could say yes, but nope. Got behind a truck the other day taking my daughter to her dance class with those. I might have rolled down my window and sang a verse of "redneck man" to him at a couple of lights... His wife/gf/cousin wasn't too please with the lyrics.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was a skate/surf punk teenager back in the early 90s. As such, I would sometimes wear my pants low, exposing my boxers. That was 1992. The fact that this is still going on, by adults no less, is hard to understand.

And in general, roughly 90% of the stickers that people place on their cars or trucks make me absolutely cringe. I won't get into specifics and risk offending someone. But I'll say this: some friends of ours insisted on trying the "Salt Life" restaurant in St Aug last year, and I've never in my entire life felt like more of a toolbag than I did sitting there that night.
During my prior marriage, I came home from work one day to find my youngest stepson and his new friend “Spike” hanging out. They both had those droopy jeans on and their underwear showing. I about came unglued. Told my stepson to get those off RIGHT NOW and told “Spike” to get dafuq outta my house and don’t ever come back looking like a fuchsing hobo with his underwear showing.

Just wanted to apologize for being so mean and I’m glad you’ve turned out ok, “Spike”.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leisure suits - This was pretty much me in the 8th grade:

727d6c204f3c1496037ee73dad82e08a.jpg
Good Lord, I remember the Easter Sunday, traditionally when all the men got a new suit and wore it to church, and everybody, from 8 to 80, showed up in a leisure suit. It was like we were all worshipping in Studio 54. My mom promptly took me out and got one. I tried to destroy any photos of me wearing one, but she hid them. Damn they were tacky.

The sagging pants that @soflagator mentioned drive me up the wall. I can’t believe that fad has endured as long as it has. When I was in school we got our @ss torn up if your underwear were to show. It’s just a bad look all the way around.

Lastly, I hate this crap…

upload_2021-7-14_22-3-48.jpeg

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I thought vaping would be a fad. I saw all the 'vape shops' opening up and laughed, figured they'd be out of business in no time...but nope, they're still around. Vaping has to be one of the top 5 douchiest things I've ever seen.

I-dont-always-vape.jpg

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
EJxm_zoWkAAVSBQ.jpg

Those fat white neck rolls that looked like sawed off pool noodles that football players used to wear back in the '60s, 70s and even later etc. Linebackers seemed to be especially fond of them. Some players wore them under their jerseys which made them look like hunchbacks. You're about as likely to see one today as you are to see a Hula Hoop.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought vaping would be a fad. I saw all the 'vape shops' opening up and laughed, figured they'd be out of business in no time...but nope, they're still around. Vaping has to be one of the top 5 douchiest things I've ever seen.

I-dont-always-vape.jpg
AMEN! We sent about a half dozen kids to the hospital last school year who hit the vape (with a nicotine concentrate) and then followed it immediately by hitting a dab pen with THC. Heart rate and BP running away, difficulty breathing, vomiting and loss of bowel control. It was pretty scary. Parents, in many cases, are the culprits for modeling this crap and then allowing it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
During my prior marriage, I came home from work one day to find my youngest stepson and his new friend “Spike” hanging out. They both had those droopy jeans on and their underwear showing. I about came unglued. Told my stepson to get those off RIGHT NOW and told “Spike” to get dafuq outta my house and don’t ever come back looking like a fuchsing hobo with his underwear showing.

Just wanted to apologize for being so mean and I’m glad you’ve turned out ok, “Spike”.

I'm sure whatever harshness you may have used, it was for his own good and he still benefits to this day. Unfortunately, that wasn't me. Even in my most rebellious periods I always maintained certain core principles, namely that I would never be friends with anyone whose father or stepfather looked like Peter Griffin.:lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure whatever harshness you may have used, it was for his own good and he still benefits to this day. Unfortunately, that wasn't me. Even in my most rebellious periods I always maintained certain core principles, namely that I would never be friends with anyone whose father or stepfather looked like Peter Griffin.:lol:
I don’t really look like Peter. I just aspire to be as good a parent as he is! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator