Wednesday Worsts.....Food Chain

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Too many to list. The suck is strong with 90% of them. Food, portions, service all suck.
The few that I still would occasionally frequent are off the table because I won’t wear a mask outside of work.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Applebee's...only go if there IF there is nothing else...Terrible Food Quality

Worst Service...Mug Shots

I generally go to LOCAL restaurants...But then again...You usually can't go wrong in South Louisiana

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Too many to list. The suck is strong with 90% of them. Food, portions, service all suck.
The few that I still would occasionally frequent are off the table because I won’t wear a mask outside of work.

This is the correct answer. I'm not sure there's a decent actual food chain, unless you get technical with places Ruth's Chris and Morton's, which theoretically fall into that category. I'm a capitalist in just about every aspect of my life, and every restaurant is ultimately in the business of making money. But as soon as the food my family will be eating is subject to quarterly profit objectives, I'm officially out. We recently tried Carrabba's for the first time in a decade because I had been given gift cards for $125 total. I couldn't do it. Out of respect for the server and establishment, we smiled, boxed up the food and took it home, only to throw it straight in the trash. Too much salt, overcooked pasta, and everything felt fried. And worse, it still ran us roughly $140 with tip for a family of four. I'm dropping $100+ for a bad meal?

My philosophy, which I developed on countless trips to Disney, is that you either go high end, or you go ultra cheap(or ideally bring some food from home which we do for breakfast and lunch). Both are generally worth what you're paying. Anything in between--the Chilli's/Outback/Carrabba's of the world--is an absolute waste. Not only is it not hard, and much healthier, to prepare way better food at home for a fraction of the cost, as you said, even the service side is almost a lost art at this point. So we eat out maybe once every 2-3 months, and obviously on vacations, with no monetary restrictions at at all, rather than settling for garbage food and a dreadful experience once a week.

Give me a local "something" place where the owner actually cares about his or her craft and takes some pride in what they do, or I'm staying home. I have no idea what goes through the minds of people doing the opposite, except for you bag of hammers comment.

Side note. I worked at a TGI Fridays in school. That helped shape my opinion as well. Don't go there. Promise me you won't go there.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Applebee's...only go if there IF there is nothing else...Terrible Food Quality

Worst Service...Mug Shots

I generally go to LOCAL restaurants...But then again...You usually can't go wrong in South Louisiana

DOHPBrKOIq1GdqUzDylQsA1XNIb5Cuk25f8V7qXNUYSihLPhczE60pKoD2BvYET29Mlq6HwygK7AKkPBuBAGfpJs9lv8ElcxZpvmGrZ92Gq0UA

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
KFC - several crappy meals in a row.
How hard is it to screw up fried chicken?

Colonel Sanders was a wild, crazy and interesting man and it's a good story on how he got started with KFC. Apparently he had a bad temper. He opened the first KFC in Corbin, KY near TN just off I-75.

Long Before KFC, Harland Sanders Was A Shotgun-Toting Hellraiser And 'Kentucky Colonel'

His wife Claudia has a place in Shelbyville, KY that is a more traditional restaurant. Same sort of down home cooking with fried chicken and good southern veggies. I went there right before covid hit a year ago.

American Restaurant Shelbyville, KY | American Restaurant Near Me | Claudia Sanders Dinner House

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
the first KFC in Corbin, KY near TN just off I-75.

a buddy of mine and I took a road trip in ‘85 up to Ohio to see a mutual friend of ours.
We saw the billboard for this place and said hell yeah. It had kind of a modern counter, but the rest was the original restaurant. Old timey and comfortable. It was basically the standard food - nothing special

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
a buddy of mine and I took a road trip in ‘85 up to Ohio to see a mutual friend of ours.
We saw the billboard for this place and said hell yeah. It had kind of a modern counter, but the rest was the original restaurant. Old timey and comfortable. It was basically the standard food - nothing special

What did you have?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

I've driven by 1000 times and never stopped for some reason.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone else remember Morrisons cafeteria in the malls? It was similar to a lunch line at school and you walk down and point to what you wanted and they slopped it on a plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.