Wednesday Worsts...Indulgent Habits

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What is one of the worst indulgent habits that you think is excessive?

Sorry for coming across as "judgy" for those that smoke but I just came home from Kroger and had to go to customer service. I was shocked to see the price of a carton of cigarettes. I know the taxes on them are there to try to get people to quit but I don't understand how someone can afford a pack a day habit. How does vaping compare in price?

Holy smokes! I had no idea.

377A27E9-18E0-4501-8854-CF94EB73AE2F.jpeg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
eric cartman strip club GIF by South Park

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Having a home phone and a cell phone these days is a bit excessive. My dad won't ever give it up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think the question was answered in the first post. Smoking is by far the most ridiculous waste of money and health. And while I’ve never done vaping, I would bet it’s close in total price, mostly because it can be done more frequently, even indoors.

I’ve mentioned before, I honestly don’t understand anyone going into a gas station. Every time I am getting gas, I see droves of people going in and coming out with sodas, chips, candies, etc. that probably added $10 to their bill. It’s such a waste that no one ever seems to talk about. That would probably be my second.

And as GW pointed out, strip clubs are killers also. But that should subside by the time you hit your 30s and/or get married.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The wife vapes and it's not insanely expensive - especially compared to cigs.
Not to mention that it's basically a pure nicotine hit (you buy it based on how many milligrams of nicotine are in the juice).
And it doesn't smell up the house. Plus - if it's -2 degrees or raining... you don't have to go outside to smoke so to speak.
Addicting as heck though.

I had no idea that a carton was that expensive...
holy hell.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I bet telling one's teenage daughter that if you work in a strip club then expect to see "dad" there. That might curtail her desire to strip...
Decide what makes you the most miserable now and the most broke six months from now and that's what will happen.

Speaking of Newports, I would LOVE to see this ad with Dave Chappelle inserted as the third employee.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The wife vapes and it's not insanely expensive - especially compared to cigs.
Not to mention that it's basically a pure nicotine hit (you buy it based on how many milligrams of nicotine are in the juice).
And it doesn't smell up the house. Plus - if it's -2 degrees or raining... you don't have to go outside to smoke so to speak.
Addicting as heck though.

I had no idea that a carton was that expensive...
holy hell.

You realize once you get to Texas she’s going to have ditch that for Camels, right? I’m just saying if you roll up to a store in a Prius with Colorado plates asking the guys out front about the best place to get passion fruit flavored vapor juice, you may get shot.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
I'm a penny-pinching simpleton -- spending extra for "the finer things" in general is something I don't value.

I'll drink Makers Mark, but the $$ spent on Pappy is lost on me.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You realize once you get to Texas she’s going to have ditch that for Camels, right? I’m just saying if you roll up to a store in a Prius with Colorado plates asking the guys out front about the best place to get passion fruit flavored vapor juice, you may get shot.

Wait, Swonk told me Colorado liberals drove lesbarus.

He might need one of these stickers...

iu

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wait, Swonk told me Colorado liberals drove lesbarus.

He might need one of these stickers...

iu

Alex.

when my son, who lives north of Denver, got a new Subaru a couple of years ago, he posted it on Instagram.
one of his buddies replied: "Congratulations on your lesbian-mobile".
he now drives a VW GTI

for the record -
It's going to be Marlboro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator